The Student Room Group

What women think of men who wear makeup?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Leviathan1611
nothing positive about it.

Why's that? Can you find any verses that say it's wrong?
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Mixedraceguy
Why's that?

it's effeminate.
Why's that? Can you find any verses that say it's wrong?

this is just my opinion, I'm not dogmatic about this.
it's effeminate.

So it's demasculinating? I don't get why people think it automatically demasculinate you
Can you find any verses that say it's wrong?.
So it's demasculinating? I don't get why people think it automatically demasculinate you
Can you find any verses that say it's wrong?.

this verse comes to mind.

"The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the Lord thy God."
Deuteronomy 22:5 KJV

men shouldn't try to be/look like women and vice-versa
Anyone can wear makeup.
Toddlers, girls, boys and adults of both biological sexes.
In the theatre, movies and pop industry many guys do wear makeup.

That said, I'm not attracted to metrosexual guys with manicures and a bathroom cabinet filled with more moisturisers or makeup than me.
Nor Mr. Mom type of guys.
this is just my opinion, I'm not dogmatic about this.

Ah cool I was just wondering cus sometimes I do my eyebrows before church and nobody has said anything maybe some ppl don't even notice but I don't wear other make up and it's not like there's an actual rule that wearing any make up makes a man homosexual so I would assume God wouldn't forbid it 🤷*♂️
Original post by londonmyst
Anyone can wear makeup.

That said, I'm not attracted to metrosexual guys with manicures and a bathroom cabinet filled with more moisturisers or makeup than me.

What does Mr Bulldog thing of this? Would Mr Bulldog use Bulldog, for instance?
is hawt
Anyone can wear makeup.

In the modelling industry too
I love moisturisers I think they're essential, fash wash is great too and my beard grooming kit but I don't have a cabinet filled with make up merely just a couple of pencils and a sharpener
Reply 50
Could range from

silence

to

"OMGOMG U LOOK LIKE BTS BTS BTS eeeeeeee AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHUPYIUTYTDTFGVHJIOKP "
I really don’t care. I don’t think of it
I'd imagine women would think men wearing makeup are vain idiots
Original post by Reality Check
What does Mr Bulldog thing of this? Would Mr Bulldog use Bulldog, for instance?

Mr. Bulldog is more focused upon his advent calendars, greasy takeaways, the Union Jack and Brexit.
He resents sharing a name with a skincare brand for guys and would never use skincare products.
Unless it involved something tasty like lard or suet. :biggrin:
Mr. Bulldog is more focused upon his advent calendars, greasy takeaways, the Union Jack and Brexit.
He resents sharing a name with a skincare brand for guys and would never use skincare products.
Unless it involved something tasty like lard or suet. :biggrin:

I think it's time for Mr Bulldog to get his cholesterol tested again. Remember last time it was 8.7...
I took my bestie makeup shopping so he could get colour matched for a concealer and other stuff
In the modelling industry too
I love moisturisers I think they're essential, fash wash is great too and my beard grooming kit but I don't have a cabinet filled with make up merely just a couple of pencils and a sharpener

Given your industry is based on looking good, it would be unusual if you didn't use at least some makeup and other products.

Do you have to buy them, or do you get them as part of a sponsorship/marketing package?
Original post by SabrineCrystal
Well, if women can wear makeup so why can`t men? In the UK thre are several makeup brands marketed to men, including MMUK.

If women can change their appearance and becoem more beautiful by wearing makeup so why cant men?

I am graduated in Marketing and I could create a makeup brands marketed to men including lipstick.

sexc
I wouldn’t control what people want to wear. If he wants to wear contour, highlighter, lashes etc, that’s totally fine. He can do what he wants.

However, I would not date a guy who wears makeup. A bit of brow pencil (since this seems to be a topic in this thread lol) is fine, as well as other things like lip balm is fine. But if my man wants to wear full on foundation and lipstick, I would be weirded out.

Most girls I know share this opinion; no issue with guys wearing makeup if they want to, but personally would not go out with one who does.

Mostly I just think of James Charles and it makes me uncomfortable.
You will never receive an honest answer to this question, because of politics. Many girls who subscribe to certain political ideologies will tell you that they do not care, but in private you will find that 99.9% of women will find this sort of behaviour, even the feminists, repugnant. This is the truth of it.

I have yet to come across a single woman who has not mocked men behind their backs for using make up ...not one single woman, even the feminists. In public, however, you will never find an extremist leftist woman (the sorts that encourage this sort of behaviour) who admits to this.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending