The Student Room Group

Need easy/last minute elective/ssc abroad

Hello, I'm a 4th year medical student at a london medical school :biggrin:

We are allowed to do an SSC abroad for 5 weeks from September to November 2020. This can be classed as an 'additional elective' hence I apply to overseas institutions as an elective.

We need to submit applications and get responses by February 2020, I have applied to a few but they are all being very strict and rigorous with the application requirements e.g. singapore ones asking for 12+ new occupational health blood tests within the last 6 months etc BEFORE I even submit an application, australian ones want a criminal dbs thingy before I can get an offer, US ones want telephone interviews etc etc.

I personally cannot be bothered with strict requirements for this additional elective as it aint the main one (I will however no doubt have to adhere to them when I do my main elective in summer 2021).

So does anybody know of any electives abroad which are fast, easy and have lax application requirements in order to get an offer quickly?
Anywhere in the developing world pretty much...

I do have a contact on St Kitts and Nevis, if that is of interest.
Reply 2
Did my elective in Yangon, Myanmar, with a bunch of friends, and we didn’t require any DBS/blood tests etc.,

You have to apply through the medical school, which is called UM1.
Try IFMSA, their requirements aren’t huge and they offer lots of different locations, not at huge price either.
Reply 4
Original post by nexttime

I’d be so grateful for a contact right now!!! Last minute fall through! Please check you DMs!
Reply 5
Original post by nexttime

If you still have this contact would be grateful for it:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending