How do I interpret this? What does ‘no worries’ mean in this context? Watch

Tom482
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 days ago
I am arranging to meet one of my friends this weekend. I had a date (this Sunday) arranged with her for about three weeks now.

She has just got back to me asking if I am still okay for Sunday, but also did I mind if her other friend (they are very close) joins us too. She says that her other friend is coming to visit her this weekend, as it is the only one she is free before Christmas. My friend did say 'if you'd rather do another time no worries'. What does 'no worries' mean in this context?

Do you think that this is a sign that my friend was too nervous to meet me on her own, or am I overthinking it? I totally don’t mind either way - just wanted to know how to interpret it - I am always very nervous around too many people/those I am not familiar with.
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
F

Tom482
Rep:
?
What do you mean by ‘F’?
Tom482
Rep:
?
??
Tom482
Rep:
?
(Original post by Trinculo)
F

??
jas149
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 days ago
No it just means that her friend is visiting and she wants to spend time with that friend but since she already made plans with you, she asks if she can invite her friend. But if you weren't too pleased with the idea of her friend coming, she wouldn't mind rescheduling, hence the "if you'd rather do another time, no worries"
Tom482
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tom482)
What do you mean by ‘F’?
Trinculo
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Tom482)
What do you mean by ‘F’?
I'm paying my respects, because you just got killed.

If she's bringing her friend on the date, and you're not 12 years old, it's not a date. If she suddenly brings up her bestie who she can't otherwise see, likewise, she really isn't interested in your date. These are two of the oldest stories in the world, and neither of them end well. Just move on from her. Not saying ghost her or anything, but you won't find what you're looking for with this one.
Dunnig Kruger
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Go meet up and spend time with the 2 of them on Sunday AND arrange a rescheduled date for just the 2 of you.

Act like a gentleman on both occassions.

Don't overstay your welcome on Sunday. IE allow them time together, after you return home - if possible.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you work while at uni?

Yes I work at university (61)
32.11%
No I don't (93)
48.95%
I work during the holidays (36)
18.95%

Watched Threads