The Student Room Group

Ex keeps playing mind games

My ex girlfriend of 2 years broke things off with me. Telling me she doesn’t have any feelings for me anymore and she doesn’t want to be with me. After a few days of severe heartbreak and feeling sorry for myself she calls me up and tells me she’s made a mistake and we should ge back together. I meet up with her, we kiss/cuddle/hold hands. It’s perfect and I’m so happy again. She tells people we’re seeing each other again. The other night I was over at hers. She tells me she’s not sure how things are going to be since we’ll soon be long distance. She tells me she’s willing to give it a go. But then slams me in the face with the fact that there’s a boy in her class that she has a slight crush on. Wtf?! I’ve had a feeling about this guy for a while and she completely validated my concerns by telling me this. She tells me we can see each other over Christmas and I can come or with her and her friends for new year.

This morning she phones me to tell me that she only wants to be friends. I ask about Christmas and new year and she tells me it’s best to wait until next summer to see each other. But we can be friends with benefits apparently. It sounds to me as though she only wants me there when SHE needs me, without taking my feelings into consideration whatsoever. I’m planing on taking her off all forms of social media and not contacting her again - which will be very difficult as I really did think we were in love. Obviously not...
What do you guys think?
Stopped stressing about her because she isn’t worth it. Block and move on. I think it’s good that she has messed you around because it should now be easier to break ties.
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by Anonymous
My ex girlfriend of 2 years broke things off with me. Telling me she doesn’t have any feelings for me anymore and she doesn’t want to be with me. After a few days of severe heartbreak and feeling sorry for myself she calls me up and tells me she’s made a mistake and we should ge back together. I meet up with her, we kiss/cuddle/hold hands. It’s perfect and I’m so happy again. She tells people we’re seeing each other again. The other night I was over at hers. She tells me she’s not sure how things are going to be since we’ll soon be long distance. She tells me she’s willing to give it a go. But then slams me in the face with the fact that there’s a boy in her class that she has a slight crush on. Wtf?! I’ve had a feeling about this guy for a while and she completely validated my concerns by telling me this. She tells me we can see each other over Christmas and I can come or with her and her friends for new year.

This morning she phones me to tell me that she only wants to be friends. I ask about Christmas and new year and she tells me it’s best to wait until next summer to see each other. But we can be friends with benefits apparently. It sounds to me as though she only wants me there when SHE needs me, without taking my feelings into consideration whatsoever. I’m planing on taking her off all forms of social media and not contacting her again - which will be very difficult as I really did think we were in love. Obviously not...
What do you guys think?

You don’t have to block her just completely do not contact her or watch her social media. If she asks to meet just say friends with benefits isn’t for you and you’ve realised things won’t work with her. Find someone else and flaunt them, she doesn’t deserve you. If you stay silent she will contact you.
Reply 3
leave her. she's not emotionally mature enough to realize you are your own human being with feelings, and therefore she uses you when she wants to alleviate the pain of a breakup. by playing with you, she never truly let's herself feel the honest gritty pain of losing love, and this isn't fair. make the boundary solid and clear yourself, tell her it's not ok to do this and you won't be seeing her for a while. asserting this boundary will make sure she can longer toy with you feelings. sorry youre going through this, girls can be pretty rough, I apologise on our behalf

What do you guys think?

Get rid of her now. Honestly, that’s so toxic and it’s selfish. Sounds like she just wants to mess around with this other guy for a bit tbh. Block her on everything
Sounds like she’s not ready for commitment but still finds you attractive / likes the emotional side of your relationship. If you want soMething more with her, leave her.
Reply 6

What do you guys think?

You are correct in your thinking!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending