lloyd701
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
Use both D’Alembert’s principle and the principle of conservation of energy to provide 2
comparative sets of results for the vehicle dynamics problem, and comment on any differences.
A block with a mass of 5kg is pulled up an incline with an angle of 20°. (See figure 1). The
coefficient of friction is 0.2. The distance from A to B is 10 metres. The block accelerates
uniformly from 1msˉ¹ at point A to 5msˉ¹ at point B. Use the principle of conservation of the
energy and D’Alembert’s principle to calculate:
a)The pulling force which is producing the acceleration
b)The work done in moving the block from A to B
c)The average power required in moving the block from A to B
Compare and contrast the principles used and the respective results obtained.
0le
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
(Original post by lloyd701)
Use both D’Alembert’s principle and the principle of conservation of energy to provide 2
comparative sets of results for the vehicle dynamics problem, and comment on any differences.
A block with a mass of 5kg is pulled up an incline with an angle of 20°. (See figure 1). The
coefficient of friction is 0.2. The distance from A to B is 10 metres. The block accelerates
uniformly from 1msˉ¹ at point A to 5msˉ¹ at point B. Use the principle of conservation of the
I don't know how to answer this, but for your information, the official helpers will not offer assistance if you don't state first, what it is you are struggling with in the question and 2) your working attempt to solve the problem.
lloyd701
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by 0le)
I don't know how to answer this, but for your information, the official helpers will not offer assistance if you don't state first, what it is you are struggling with in the question and 2) your working attempt to solve the problem.
okiedokie
Eimmanuel
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
okiedokie
Hi,

First of all welcome to TSR. I understand that you want to seek help in answering this homework question, However, we (I mean forum helper or users) would definitely willing to render help (provided we know how to solve the problem) if you show some effort in attempting the problem.
The forum is NOT a place where we do the problem for you. In this way, I doubt you would learn anything.

You can also use the search engine in TSR to search for "D’Alembert’s principle". There were some past problems asked by others where the post may provide some clues to help you start doing this question.

You may not be familiar with D’Alembert’s principle but I believe you should know the conservation of energy, at least show us how you attempt the question using conservation of energy.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (73)
26.74%
No - I have already returned home (31)
11.36%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (57)
20.88%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (30)
10.99%
No - I live at home during term anyway (82)
30.04%

Watched Threads