Turn on thread page Beta

argh yellow teeth and bleeding gums watch

For the last couple of weeks I've spent a lot of time at home, sleeping in, being lazy, and I've kind of disregarded my teeth and I do drink a lot of soft drinks and fruit juice which I know is bad for your teeth.

Anyway, in the space of two weeks of me being lax with brushing they've gone proper yellow (especially the bottom ones) and all my gums are bleeding! :cry:

I know it's my own fault, and from now I'm going to try and treat them better. Does anyone know what I should do? Obviously mouthwash and brushing twice a day vigilantly, I might get some floss too, but should I be going to the dentist for help? They're quite bad. Has this happened to anyone and did you get white healthy teeth back?

It's so embarassing, I feel like a dirty tramp. I was self conscious of them already as they are gappy, wonky and have jagged edges (more tooth damage ). This has just pushed me over the edge self-conscious wise. I'm considering getting cosmetic help for it. Obviously health is the first priority, but if the whiteness doesn't come back I might get them bleached. Does anyone know how much this costs?

ReputationRep:
    Go to the dentist/hygienist, they'll have seen far worse. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Definitely go to the dentist and take care of them better starting now! Hope they get better, but they'll only do so if you follow the dentist's advice and look after them well!

ReputationRep:
    could be gingivitis.

powder bleaching costs around £300, laser treatment is upwards of £600.
    but go to your dentist first

You've not brushed your teeth for 2weeks!?!? . . .. :ninja: - that what you mean or you just simply haven't been brushing twice or 3 times a day + mouthwash, for 2weeks? . . .

My advice - start taking care of your teeth and get yourself to the Dentist/Hygienist.

ReputationRep:
    clean your teeth now trust me you dont want it to get worse or your teeth will fall out!!

i didnt brush my teeth for about 4 days and my gums started bleeding not good

stay away from fizzy as well

ReputationRep:
    You definitley want to stay away from acidic drinnks especially Coca Cola. You might have sensitive teeth/gums? Mine are, so despite the fact I brush them, use tooth whitener and mouthwash twice a day they have slowly been getting yellower. Unfortunatley I'm not allowed to get them bleeched til I'm 18 [though this isn't the same at every dentist]

ReputationRep:
    Just brush your teeth thoroughly a few times, then make sure you spend a good amount of time on them when you would normally brush. Also, don't stop brushing just cause your gums bleed a bit, keep going (unless you're seriously pouring with blood of course) and after a few days they should get better.

Well, thats what I've always been led to believe. If it gets worse, of course go to a dentist. It's not years worth of damage, so it should be easily reversed.

I avoided brushing properly cause I had an huge ulcer once and my gums started to bleed. Once they get used to thorough brushing again, they should be ok.

(Original post by jelly1000)
    You definitley want to stay away from acidic drinnks especially Coca Cola. You might have sensitive teeth/gums? Mine are, so despite the fact I brush them, use tooth whitener and mouthwash twice a day they have slowly been getting yellower. Unfortunatley I'm not allowed to get them bleeched til I'm 18 [though this isn't the same at every dentist]
    Kinda off topic, but yea I found this with the Sensodyne whitening toothpaste - it made my teeth bling bling, but slowly started doing the reverse. I no longer use the toothpaste because of it.

Saving my pennies to go professional, when I have finished Uni.

ReputationRep:
    http://www.sonofthesouth.net/uncle-s...office-art.jpg

On a serious note, i'm sure your dentist will tell you whether or not if it's serious without charging you if you ask him?

I think bloody gums is a vitamin deficiency.

i forgot about brushing teeth for like a year lmao! i dnt know how i managed it but they looked fine and healthy but eventually i started to get pain so i went to dentist and found i had one rotton tooth-got it pulled out, and a cavity-got a filling and then 3 other fillings! shocking,discusting and not fun! so all in all i now hhave 5 fillings and im only 16!!! my advice is just start to really take care of them and go 2 the dentist dnt leav it your better to get it sorted.

ReputationRep:
    First port of call ~ dentist. In the meantime you could start using Corsodyl an antiseptic, disinfectant mouthwash.

ReputationRep:
    Pic then we can judge :yes:.

ReputationRep:
    It helps both my dentist is rubbish. My mum asked her about my teeth and she was like "Oh, some peoples teeth are naturally yellow." I also have the added problem of overcrowding in my mouth [can't reach half my teeth because of this]. I do have quite a good diet.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    For the last couple of weeks I've spent a lot of time at home, sleeping in, being lazy, and I've kind of disregarded my teeth and I do drink a lot of soft drinks and fruit juice which I know is bad for your teeth.

Anyway, in the space of two weeks of me being lax with brushing they've gone proper yellow (especially the bottom ones) and all my gums are bleeding! :cry:

I know it's my own fault, and from now I'm going to try and treat them better. Does anyone know what I should do? Obviously mouthwash and brushing twice a day vigilantly, I might get some floss too, but should I be going to the dentist for help? They're quite bad. Has this happened to anyone and did you get white healthy teeth back?

It's so embarassing, I feel like a dirty tramp. I was self conscious of them already as they are gappy, wonky and have jagged edges (more tooth damage ). This has just pushed me over the edge self-conscious wise. I'm considering getting cosmetic help for it. Obviously health is the first priority, but if the whiteness doesn't come back I might get them bleached. Does anyone know how much this costs?
    Bleeding is most likely gingivitis, yellow is plaque.

See a dentist.

ReputationRep:
    if they bleed when you brush them, could be that your brushing the plaque off them and its aggrivating the gums. if its normally bleeding then its ginigivitis, and also if the gum is starting to peel away from the teeth, then it could be.

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry too much, You will be able to get the white back after about 2 weeks of brushing, I think brushing is enough, if you get "colgate Whitening" they have bleach in them already, dont swallow the toothpaste either because funnily enough flouride is actually the cause of other side affects but dentists are told to keep quiet, just google flouride, though the good points about flouride outway the bad because if we didnt use flouride our teeth would crumble
    (Original post by Anonymous)

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.