Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Im 16 Years old and trying to look for some ways to make some money because I really need it at the moment, Ive applied at many places for jobs by handing my CV in but no replies yet , I have a Ebay & Paypal account which is should be verified finally in a few days !

Please post advice/help below and any other suggestions you have!

Thanks

Amit

ReputationRep:
    Prostitution

ReputationRep:
    Sell some organs.

ReputationRep:
    get a job hippy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Democracy)
    Prostitution
    lol

I'm also 16. Been looking for jobs to no avail. I've just put some stuff on eBay. A PSP and some xbox 360 games. And i hope to find a few more things to put on there sometime. It should bring in some money for the time being. You could look into the referral system. I got around £10,000 in about 2 years from it but can't find referrals anymore to such an extent sadly. But its really worth it if you can find out how to get referrals and if you find the rights site that offers the free gifts (as some are scams sadly). Enough of promoting that anyway. Hope i've helped!

Ben

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bebbs)
    get a job hippy
    Alternatively get a job as a hippy.

I'm sure there was a thread about this literally days/ a week ago. Search!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bmh16)
    lol

I'm also 16. Been looking for jobs to no avail. I've just put some stuff on eBay. A PSP and some xbox 360 games. And i hope to find a few more things to put on there sometime. It should bring in some money for the time being. You could look into the referral system. I got around £10,000 in about 2 years from it but can't find referrals anymore to such an extent sadly. But its really worth it if you can find out how to get referrals and if you find the rights site that offers the free gifts (as some are scams sadly). Enough of promoting that anyway. Hope i've helped!

Ben
    what is the referral system

ReputationRep:
    http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=623959 Here's a few ideas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ed.)
    Sell some organs.
    I've heard the going rate for a kidney can be as high as £50,000

ReputationRep:
    These topics annoy me..

Think about it, how do people earn money?
    They get a job (if you cant get one atm, i doubt youll get one till autmn)
    They sell things (but dont see all your wordly belongings..especialy on ebay)
    Pester relatives (but your 16 so thats not likely)

ReputationRep:
    a job. be patient though. it took me 18 months to get a job and the job that i now have was the first job that i applied for (so took me 18 months to get the interview).

ReputationRep:
    - eBay but you need to be business minded – look for opportunities, it takes time.

- The referral system, though it is getting less and less worthwhile and you’ll be seeing fewer and fewer people like myself and the above poster who have earned good money from it.

- Alternatively, apply for a local £5/hour job at a chain and work hard, to be given raises over time, but only if you intend to stick around for a long time.

ReputationRep:
    I saw you were Indian too – have you considered trading stock with an NRI (non-residing India) ICICI market account?

Or is that not your area of expertise? If you want to get involved, start up an account and read some advice pages on the web and you can earn quite a bit and in much less time than all the other methods listed above – however it requires intellect like anything!

ReputationRep:
    Card counting in Vegas!

Or you know... keep trying for a job. Have you tried a temping agency (though I'm not sure of the rules at your age)? You obviously look as though you're set up to sell things on e-bay. One of my friend buys things cheap from a vintage shop, and then adds little details and things, then sells them for a profit (after wearing them once or twice). So you could consider doing "value added" selling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gren1TI)
    I saw you were Indian too – have you considered trading stock with an NRI (non-residing India) ICICI market account?

Or is that not your area of expertise? If you want to get involved, start up an account and read some advice pages on the web and you can earn quite a bit and in much less time than all the other methods listed above – however it requires intellect like anything!
    I was Born in Britain has a British Hindu with ancestors in India and family there, I just have an Indian flag to show my heritage and how proud I am LOL!

So can I still do this NRI stock thing and what is it and im interested in Business & Finance anywayz

Thanks

Amit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amit92)
    I was Born in Britain has a British Hindu with ancestors in India and family there, I just have an Indian flag to show my heritage and how proud I am LOL!

So can I still do this NRI stock thing and what is it and im interested in Business & Finance anywayz

Thanks

Amit
    Lol no problem, all people from India are welcome to trade the market.

The Indian market is competitive though, it is certainly very busy. My uncle taught me how to trade but I can’t explain it all over a forum, you should ask your parents or somebody you know who trades stock.

Good luck mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gren1TI)
    - eBay but you need to be business minded – look for opportunities, it takes time.

- The referral system, though it is getting less and less worthwhile and you’ll be seeing fewer and fewer people like myself and the above poster who have earned good money from it.

- Alternatively, apply for a local £5/hour job at a chain and work hard, to be given raises over time, but only if you intend to stick around for a long time.
    Out of interest mate, how much did you gain from it and did you ever come across a forum called exceem?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amit92)
    Hey guys,

Im 16 Years old and trying to look for some ways to make some money because I really need it at the moment, Ive applied at many places for jobs by handing my CV in but no replies yet , I have a Ebay & Paypal account which is should be verified finally in a few days !

Please post advice/help below and any other suggestions you have!

Thanks

Amit

Dealing?

ReputationRep:
    Would you mind to tell us what grades/qualifications do you have?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bmh16)
    Out of interest mate, how much did you gain from it and did you ever come across a forum called exceem?
    I did very well, don't want to name figures as it's not me and it won't be too accurate, but my 'earnings' did include two PSPs, two Nintendo DSs, a PS2, an iPhone 8GB, an iPod touch 8GB and various webcams, all brand new which were mostly sold on eBay.

I did earn a good amount of direct cash to PayPal too but had to stop as it was going to be investigated and seems too much hassle than it was worth, so choosing small electronics as rewards and then selling them for cash was the best strategy even though I lost about 10% compared to taking straight cash. :mad: haha! :p:

I used to be active on Exceem but only mustered 100 or so posts, the people there are so arrogant and nobody is friendly at all! It’s all ME ME ME and MY EARNINGS ARE MORE THAN YOURS HAHA and it annoys me so much so I don’t use it any more.
    And trading refs on it is useless too!

How much have you earned mate?

Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.