Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Lilflipsy)
    Would you mind to tell us what grades/qualifications do you have?
    Well Ive only taken my GCSEs , im predicted 2A*s,2As,5Bs,1C, But hoping for better in some subjects and I have a Level 2 B-TEC Certificate in Sport at Distinction which is worth 2GCSEs at AA

Thanks

Amit

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gren1TI)
    I did very well, don't want to name figures as it's not me and it won't be too accurate, but my 'earnings' did include two PSPs, two Nintendo DSs, a PS2, an iPhone 8GB, an iPod touch 8GB and various webcams, all brand new which were mostly sold on eBay.

I did earn a good amount of direct cash to PayPal too but had to stop as it was going to be investigated and seems too much hassle than it was worth, so choosing small electronics as rewards and then selling them for cash was the best strategy even though I lost about 10% compared to taking straight cash. :mad: haha! :p:

I used to be active on Exceem but only mustered 100 or so posts, the people there are so arrogant and nobody is friendly at all! It’s all ME ME ME and MY EARNINGS ARE MORE THAN YOURS HAHA and it annoys me so much so I don’t use it any more.
    And trading refs on it is useless too!

How much have you earned mate?
    I have about £40 capital at the moment in my bank account, what can I do to start earning like you? My main savings are divided into 2 Saving accounts. Only my Bank account with like £45 is hooked to my Paypal.

Can you give me more advice and what to do please?

Thanks

Ap

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Amit92)
    Well Ive only taken my GCSEs , im predicted 2A*s,2As,5Bs,1C, But hoping for better in some subjects and I have a Level 2 B-TEC Certificate in Sport at Distinction which is worth 2GCSEs at AA

Thanks

Amit
    That looks quite good, if you really look around you should be able to get a decent job. Some of my friends left School with only like Bs and Cs and still gets a full-time cashier job at Morrisons.

ReputationRep:
    When I was 16 I couldn't get a job either. If your family has any way of hooking you up with some experience it would really be very beneficial.

Bit random, but a good place to start would be volunteering. You wouldn't get money from it, but you'll get the experience you need that paid jobs look for. Check out your local charity shop. It will show potential employers that you're keen to work, you're not selfish, etc which are huge plus points =)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gren1TI)
    I did very well, don't want to name figures as it's not me and it won't be too accurate, but my 'earnings' did include two PSPs, two Nintendo DSs, a PS2, an iPhone 8GB, an iPod touch 8GB and various webcams, all brand new which were mostly sold on eBay.

I did earn a good amount of direct cash to PayPal too but had to stop as it was going to be investigated and seems too much hassle than it was worth, so choosing small electronics as rewards and then selling them for cash was the best strategy even though I lost about 10% compared to taking straight cash. :mad: haha! :p:

I used to be active on Exceem but only mustered 100 or so posts, the people there are so arrogant and nobody is friendly at all! It’s all ME ME ME and MY EARNINGS ARE MORE THAN YOURS HAHA and it annoys me so much so I don’t use it any more.
    And trading refs on it is useless too!

How much have you earned mate?
    Ooh cool. I was very active on there until recently. But many members as you rightly said were arrogant and not friendly, and always bragging. Still keep in contact with a few on there though as there are some very decent members on there too! I was biker14 btw, who were you, might recognise you from there! I must have made close to £10k. Last count i did was a while back and £7800 but lost count from there because i did keep track of everything i had got! I'm still getting a couple of referrals from my website through google (www.freebiehome.co.uk) but its not a lot. Maybe 1 every week or 2 for freebiejeebies who have the best owners around, very helpful and very honest people and very quick at things. Still not bad though when you can consider a referral to be worth around £20. When did you start and finish with it?

ReputationRep:
    Try the shops in your high street...especially the supermarkets, they're always looking for people!

I work at Sainsbury's and there are loads of 16-18 year olds who work at the weekend, its a laugh and the work isn't too hard and the pay is okay for what the job is i guess...just a suggestion though!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Im 16 Years old and trying to look for some ways to make some money because I really need it at the moment, Ive applied at many places for jobs by handing my CV in but no replies yet , I have a Ebay & Paypal account which is should be verified finally in a few days !

Please post advice/help below and any other suggestions you have!

Thanks

Amit

Do you have anything to sell? Do you draw beautiful graphs? Do you make good things? If yes, can u show and maybe I or someone else can buy some...?

ReputationRep:
    Take a look at this, not going to make you a fortune, but will increase the money you make for very little effort.
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: doc Survey Sites Guide.doc (44.5 KB, 126 views)

ReputationRep:
    ur not gona have many options for a 16 year old. either work in retail (any shop on the high street) and get underpaid, or work in a warehouse/factory and get underpaid

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bmh16)
    Ooh cool. I was very active on there until recently. But many members as you rightly said were arrogant and not friendly, and always bragging. Still keep in contact with a few on there though as there are some very decent members on there too! I was biker14 btw, who were you, might recognise you from there! I must have made close to £10k. Last count i did was a while back and £7800 but lost count from there because i did keep track of everything i had got! I'm still getting a couple of referrals from my website through google (www.freebiehome.co.uk) but its not a lot. Maybe 1 every week or 2 for freebiejeebies who have the best owners around, very helpful and very honest people and very quick at things. Still not bad though when you can consider a referral to be worth around £20. When did you start and finish with it?
    OMG how the hell did you make that much money!!!!:eek:

I need to start doing that I have some capital Money like that could pay my way through uni :yep:

10k so how did you make it??

Grant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tucker672)
    OMG how the hell did you make that much money!!!!:eek:

I need to start doing that I have some capital Money like that could pay my way through uni :yep:

10k so how did you make it??

Grant
    God i wish i could now and i have had many people asking that! Amazon and ebay, you may have seen many referral links on before. That's how. Btw ebay doesn't wor anymore, nor does amazon, at all well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pkiy)
    Do you have anything to sell? Do you draw beautiful graphs? Do you make good things? If yes, can u show and maybe I or someone else can buy some...?

like what ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bmh16)
    that takes to long mate?

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys,

Im 16 Years old and trying to look for some ways to make some money because I really need it at the moment, Ive applied at many places for jobs by handing my CV in but no replies yet , I have a Ebay & Paypal account which is should be verified finally in a few days !

Please post advice/help below and any other suggestions you have!

Thanks

Amit
    Rob a bank...sell babies in the black market...or maybe, just maybe, and i know that this is really far fetched, you could just get a JOB....just an idea :yep:

ReputationRep:
    that takes to long mate?
    Many people don't have the patience, some people find ways straight away. But its unlikely you will find ways straight away, some have been working at it for ages and never found ways. Its the luck of where you look really. But the more popular site you find a way to get your referral link on the more likely the success will be if the link will be seen by many that is!

ReputationRep:
    Try McDonalds! They seem to have jobs going quite often, I've just started. Money's not great but tis a start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bmh16)
    God i wish i could now and i have had many people asking that! Amazon and ebay, you may have seen many referral links on before. That's how. Btw ebay doesn't wor anymore, nor does amazon, at all well.
    I tried referals and survey's but I couldnt get any one to join :p:

ReputationRep:
    I tried referals and survey's but I couldnt get any one to join :p:
    lol most of my mates were like that :p: Apart from surveys, they're a definite waste of time :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bmh16)
    lol most of my mates were like that :p: Apart from surveys, they're a definite waste of time :p:
    Richest teenager in Neath:king1:

I'm from newport

ReputationRep:
    Richest teenager in Neath:king1:

I'm from newport
    ha

Cool, the more Welsh on TSR the better :p:

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.