Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well, I watched 'The Happening' a week ago, and in all honesty its a terrible film IMO. But one thing I found interesting while watching it was the thingy at the start quoting Einstein:

"If the bee disappeared off the surface of the globe, then man would only have four years left to live."

The scary thing is... according to reports... in UK, the bee diversity has dropped like... 80%.

Anyone any inputs?

ReputationRep:
    I read about this a while ago. It's not actually true, it's just a clever theory.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kater Murr)
    I read about this a while ago. It's not actually true, it's just a clever theory.
    We wont know whether it would be true until it actually happens.
    But its a very possible theory in my opinion (not being pessimistic) but since bee's are so crucial in pollenating things. We'll really be at loss without them. (though I guess if it really resorts to it... we could manually pollenate the things)

its all theory. if you read religious text you will see we are very close to an Apocalypse. but im not worried about that.
    every things going to destroy the planet anyway: cars, planes, paper, carry bags and now bees?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.