Games like TELLTALE TWD and Life is Strange? Watch

21ForEva
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I have finished LIS and TWD -- I want more games like this where you make decisions and the ending changes based on these choices.

I have heard of Mass Effect - so ordered this one for xmas but anything else anyone can recommend?
DiddyDec
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
There is the horror games Until Dawn and Man of Medan that both work on the cause and effect model.

The Fallout games (3, New Vegas and 4) all have heavily choice based outcomes New Vegas especially. From the makers of New Vegas we have The Outerworlds which is a great game although a little short.

The Stanley Parable is nothing but choices and endings.
21ForEva
Rep:
?
(Original post by DiddyDecAlt)
There is the horror games Until Dawn and Man of Medan that both work on the cause and effect model.

The Fallout games (3, New Vegas and 4) all have heavily choice based outcomes New Vegas especially. From the makers of New Vegas we have The Outerworlds which is a great game although a little short.

The Stanley Parable is nothing but choices and endings.
Thanks dude - I'll check out Stanley Parable.
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If you just want games with the illusion of choice like TWD etc. then there are other Telltale games based on stuff like Game of Thrones, Batman and Minecraft. I liked Wolf Among Us best.

Games where choices really matters are Detroit: Become Human (though it's a David Cage game) and Alpha Protocol (which is an action game but where choices and plans change everything).
21ForEva
Rep:
?
(Original post by ozzyoscy)
If you just want games with the illusion of choice like TWD etc. then there are other Telltale games based on stuff like Game of Thrones, Batman and Minecraft. I liked Wolf Among Us best.

Games where choices really matters are Detroit: Become Human (though it's a David Cage game) and Alpha Protocol (which is an action game but where choices and plans change everything).
I just finished the wolf among us. But I have a question - you reminded me to ask - what was the ending? Like the Wolf is about to catch up with that chick at the end cuz she let on something that changed the whole case! And it just ends like that - there’s no sequel cuz telltale is gone. Yeah I’ve seen Utubers player Detroit - lol you said ‘though it’s a David Cage game’ wdym by that?
ozzyoscy
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by 21ForEva)
I just finished the wolf among us. But I have a question - you reminded me to ask - what was the ending? Like the Wolf is about to catch up with that chick at the end cuz she let on something that changed the whole case! And it just ends like that - there’s no sequel cuz telltale is gone. Yeah I’ve seen Utubers player Detroit - lol you said ‘though it’s a David Cage game’ wdym by that?
I don't remember the ending so I had to remind myself. But if I recall right:
Spoiler:
Show
<p>Nerissa (The Little Mermaid) was Faith back in episode 1. The real Faith was already dead the whole time and Nerissa disguised herself because she was desperate to get Bigby's attention to investigate so she and the other prostitutes could be free.<br></p><p></p>

David Cage is like the Uwe Boll of gaming. Apparently Detroit had a team of editors, so it was less... racist, sexist and rapey than his other games.
21ForEva
Rep:
?
(Original post by ozzyoscy)
I don't remember the ending so I had to remind myself. But if I recall right:
Spoiler:
Show
<p>Nerissa (The Little Mermaid) was Faith back in episode 1. The real Faith was already dead the whole time and Nerissa disguised herself because she was desperate to get Bigby's attention to investigate so she and the other prostitutes could be free.<br></p><p></p>

David Cage is like the Uwe Boll of gaming. Apparently Detroit had a team of editors, so it was less... racist, sexist and rapey than his other games.
Damn - had no idea about the Detroit stuff.
Also ... what a twisted ending for wolf among us!
hillybudel
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Here are some similar games that are hella good I read on an article on techbigs: Oxenfree, Night in the Woods, Firewatch, and what I like most is Quantum Break.
21ForEva
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by hillybudel)
Here are some similar games that are hella good I read on an article on techbigs: Oxenfree, Night in the Woods, Firewatch, and what I like most is Quantum Break.
I totally forgot about firewatch! Thanks for reminding me!! I’ll check out the others too. Thanks!
Renn0
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by hillybudel)
I loved all of those games, I would definitely recommend them too. Oxenfree is a big one in terms of story outcomes.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (172)
67.19%
No (84)
32.81%

Watched Threads