Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Don't kill yourself...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spotty Dog)
    What about car hire purchase? Is the car repossessed? Is it an unsecured loan, or secured on the car?

(I'm not suicidal, nor do I own a car on HP! I'm just curious)
    If you take out HP on the car, then it's effectively a loan secured on the car.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyFencer)
    If you take out HP on the car, then it's effectively a loan secured on the car.
    I see. So, I assume they remove the car, auction it off, pay the debt with the auction money and then.. what happens to the rest of the debt? (If applicable - If the money from the auction doesn't cover the debt?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spotty Dog)
    I see. So, I assume they remove the car, auction it off, pay the debt with the auction money and then.. what happens to the rest of the debt? (If applicable - If the money from the auction doesn't cover the debt?)
    Tough luck I would imagine.

(Original post by Anonymous)
    i didnt post this from being suicidal about debt.
    i am suicidal about other things and i know it would cause my family pain if i died
    but i am also thinking of other things, such as debt, that iwouldnt want to leave behind
    but now i know that student loans would be written off.
    Hey, I am and have been suicidal alot too, so if you want someone to talk to or just someone who will listen that will know/understand/empathise more with what you're going through and feeling, then I'll make room in my inbox for you/for any PM's.:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Hey, I am and have been suicidal alot too, so if you want someone to talk to or just someone who will listen that will know/understand/empathise more with what you're going through and feeling, then I'll make room in my inbox for you/for any PM's.:hugs:
    Well you're anon, they're anon, how's PMing gonna work?!

Yeah, you should really see your GP.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)
    Oh no, I just lol'd... its a serious matter but yeah, that made me chuckle a little.

ReputationRep:
    I think if your family realise you have killed yourself the last thing they will be worried about is your student loans tbh

Please, if you can, seek help and try to get yourself back on track. Your family can provide you with the strength you need to make it through.

ReputationRep:
    As for the title, the "problems left behind" would faint in compearance to the problems of an actual suicide - which is the deep wound left behind. If you're worried that a student loan will hurt your family financially, I promise the pain would be infernally much worse, as well as perpetual, by loosing you.

(Original post by emilY?)
    I've not got a clue, but just in case as this is an odd question with no reasoning... http://www.samaritans.org.uk/

08457 90 90 90 in the UK and Northern Ireland

1850 60 90 90 in the Republic of Ireland
    That's sweet. :suith:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saffie)

Yeah, you should really see your GP.
    I really wish it was possible to PM anonymous people...

ReputationRep:
    I've been suicidal, and i've been through more in my life than most.
    Having come through it myself all I can say is get a grip. I had to. Stop taking life so seriously... your life is completely insignificant in the scope of the universe, no matter what happens to you just remember life is just 80 years and whatever you want it to be.

Sometimes you find yourself in a position where you would desperately rather be dead than continue living as you are. Believe me you have to act. You have to change your life, get on a *****g plane to thailand and work on a farm. The world is beautifull and it's there for the taking. Up sticks and go before you give up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thail)
    . You have to change your life, get on a *****g plane to thailand and work on a farm. .

That's quite specific:p:

Good on you though

i am suicidal about other things and i know it would cause my family pain if i died
    but i am also thinking of other things, such as debt, that iwouldnt want to leave behind
    Life is priceless,sometimes it doesnt go are way but we must be strong! and hold hope,whatever problems you have ,I guarantee you can overcome them without the cost of your life.Whenever Im down and unhappy I pray to god ,he is always there .Im not being pushy or anything just your life is valuable and precious.
    My prayers are with you ,God Bless

ReputationRep:
    Okay, you have to speak to somebody. You can get yourself out of this whether you believe it at this moment or not. You won't stay this low forever and there's no way you can experience life's potential by giving up now.

Religious approach like the above post or not, there's help out there for you and a better experience of life that you just have to take the opportunity of finding. Please, yeah?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by emilY?)
    Okay, you have to speak to somebody. You can get yourself out of this whether you believe it at this moment or not. You won't stay this low forever and there's no way you can experience life's potential by giving up now.

Religious approach like the above post or not, there's help out there for you and a better experience of life that you just have to take the opportunity of finding. Please, yeah?

Forgot to add this, these are good words. The hardest part is asking for help, but once you do it's a weight off your shoulders. Shouldn't say it but anti depressants do help keep that sinking gloomy feeling at bay so that you can do things you enjoy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thail)
    Forgot to add this, these are good words. The hardest part is asking for help, but once you do it's a weight off your shoulders. Shouldn't say it but anti depressants do help keep that sinking gloomy feeling at bay so that you can do things you enjoy.
    Well yeah. But stuff doesn't exactly immedietely get better as soon as you ask for help.. not for most people.

But getting help does have to be done.

All debts are taken out of your estate when you die. So if you own a house, the money owed to SLC would have to come out of that. But assuming you're a student and don't own a house or anything else of value, the debts would be wiped out.

But if you're feeling suicidal over money, please contact The Consumer Credit Counselling Service. You can phone them free from 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday on 0800 138 1111.

ReputationRep:
    One of my best mates committed suicide in Jan, but his student loan gets canceled...

ReputationRep:
    You can't see a way out.
    Death is one way, Life is another.

"I AM the Way, the Truth and the Life"

Not religion, new birth (Acts 2:4)

Try it before you die.

so i guess we're both looking for the answer
    im fighting it but its hard, final year coming up and got so much to face non-financial, non-academic, im trying to think positive however and fight it

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.