The Student Room Group

I'm 17 and have no friends ?

I left school when i was fourteen due to anxiety and low mood so began homeschooling and volunteering at my local preschool. Within three months of leaving school (I left just before the start of year 10), I had lost all of my friends. For the past three years, I was worried that I had no future but the preschool i am volunteering at has placed a vacancy for a childcare apprenticeship and i have been told I'm basically guaranteed the role which is fantastic. Due to my anxiety, I haven't made any friends and don't know how to, I've been referred to CAMHS but it was useless and made me feel awful about myself. I really want to go out and do things but i don't have the friends to do anything with. Any advice is appreciated TIA x
Sometimes friends are not necessary.
In reality many people have no real friends, many people feel what you are feeling. This feeling of emptiness. The différence is that you acknowlege it as you are a homeschool but others dont and live in this illusion of having many friends .....
Many reasons can explain that such as social media which instead of making people closer make them further away.
Don't worry about that, you will have many opportunities to make new friends especially if you go to university.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending