_Emily_HELP
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
HELP... I'm writing an essay and I am struggling to write the introduction... I basically need help starting it. My question is To what extent is contemporary art and design practice influenced by previous movements?
ElderFupaMaximus
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
You should try to start off your essay with a statement or a basic answer to the question. For example, if your question was "To what extent are the English tactics the reason for the failure of the Spanish Armada?" you could start your essay by saying "English tactics were one of the most important reasons that lead to the failure of the Spanish Armada, however, other factors like lack of preparation, luck, and weather also had an influence on the outcome". Basically, write a short and concise answer to your essay question and then expand on each point in separate paragraphs. You should also make sure you have a clear conclusion.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (184)
43.6%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (49)
11.61%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (33)
7.82%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (89)
21.09%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (42)
9.95%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (25)
5.92%

Watched Threads