The Student Room Group
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield

Sheffield BUS PASS - Cheapest way we can do this?

As title says, what is the cheapest yearly bus pass we can get? and where do we get it? I have no idea what the dominant bus company in sheffield is...

The reason I need a pass is to get to here twice a week.

Sheffield Thai-Boxing Gym
Unit 14, Clarence Works,
Effingham Road,
Sheffield,
S4 7YS, UK

I think it's too far to walk, especially since i'd be going at night. If someone who knows the city could put me straight on that thatd be great.

Thanks all.

EDIT :- I know paying the fee twice a week would be cheaper, but I also go to the gym 4 times a week.. and I don't like the prices of the univeristy gym.. so I need to be able to travel.
Reply 1
well having a look, it seems the 52 stagecoach takes you closest, this bus run from broomhill, past the union and through town so whatever accom you end up in you'll be no more than a 5min walk from its nearest bus stop. so you'r best bet would be to get the termly Stagecoach Unirider, I think it was about £85 per term this year so it'll prob be about £90 per term for next year. that can also be used on the trams too, which Hyde Park station is pretty close to that thai boxing place.
Mappin Building
University of Sheffield
Sheffield
Reply 2
mtbab
well having a look, it seems the 52 stagecoach takes you closest, this bus run from broomhill, past the union and through town so whatever accom you end up in you'll be no more than a 5min walk from its nearest bus stop. so you'r best bet would be to get the termly Stagecoach Unirider, I think it was about £85 per term this year so it'll prob be about £90 per term for next year. that can also be used on the trams too, which Hyde Park station is pretty close to that thai boxing place.

tyvm :biggrin:
Also worth bearing in mind it depends how much you're going to use it. If it's £90 per term then you'd have to make 180 bus journeys for example for that to be worthwhile as a single anywhere on a Stagecoach bus is 50p. I've travelled accross Sheffield to my Dad's work before and it cost just 50p on the Stagecoach bus for a 45 minute journey. PRetty decent to be fair.
Reply 4
50p a bus ride? That's class. It's like at least £1/£1.50 in Newcastle and if you're going across the city it can be like £3.
It's 50p on any Stagecoach bus and the number 80, which is run by First, as long as you show your student card.

It ranges from about £1 to just under £2 i think depending on how far you're going on other First buses.

Latest

Trending

Trending