The Student Room Group
University College London, University of London
University College London
London

Official UCL Politics and International Relations applicants thread 2020

Hi everyone,

I saw one of these threads for last year so I figured i’d make one for this year. Has anyone heard back yet?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
no, still waiting on mine :smile:
University College London, University of London
University College London
London
Reply 2
Original post by selden
no, still waiting on mine :smile:

Same here :smile: I saw a rejection on the 2020 offers thread so i think they’re starting to look at applications! My portico application status hasn’t changed though.
I hope they have increased from 30 places last year
Does anyone know what the job prospects are like even tho it’s new ?
Reply 5
does anybody know when they will send out the acceptances? the waiting is killing me!
Reply 6
My friend sent them an FOI request and last year their acceptance rate was 3% :frown: I hope the reason it was so low is because it was a brand new course. Fingers crossed they accept more this year :/
That Scares me! I put so much effort into extra curricular activities, for my PS. My personal statement made my teacher cry and so many teachers said my Personal Statement was one of the best they've read. My Head of sixth is going to contact UCL and tell they they under predicted me
Anytime between March and end of April
The more successful applicants will recieve theres sooner, like the ones who clearly stand out then the rest will like battle for the places in a way
Reply 10
anyone hear anything?
Not yet!! It's so slow!!
Hey, I'm still waiting for a response as well. Does anyone know if they increased the amount of places they're offering? 30 places total scares me. Also, what did you guys apply with? I'm 38 IB 766
Original post by jojo200202
Hey, I'm still waiting for a response as well. Does anyone know if they increased the amount of places they're offering? 30 places total scares me. Also, what did you guys apply with? I'm 38 IB 766

Hey, I applied with IB 42 total, 776 at HL
Reply 14
I honestly really don't see the reason they make us wait so long...
I know its a competitive course but meanwhile, certain unis have accommodation opening but you cant make any decision until UCL answers.
Hopefully someone will have heard something by next week.
exactly specially when you keep it as your first choice..the wait becomes unbearable..I really hope that the places have increased from 30 and hopefully the acceptance rate has also gone up a 3%... I have friends who have got offers from UCL but for other courses.. but idk anyone who has applied for this course
Anyone wanna share there personal statements, a lot of people last year(my friend told me) got told to apply for Politics European studies instead
Got accepted today :smile:
Original post by quantativeeasing

When did you apply?!
Original post by quantativeeasing

Congrats!! What were your stats if you don't mind sharing?

Quick Reply

Latest