Turn on thread page Beta

Bad smile - dealbreaker? watch

(Original post by death.drop)
    imo smiling makes you seem friendlier, more positive, more approachable, easier to get on with, and generally more attractive.
    even if your teeth are horrendous.
    perhaps post a pic of your smile so people could be honest?
    I will PM you a pic. Dont feel comfotable sticking it on this thread.

ReputationRep:
    I think people worry too much :P:

as long as you're teeth don't look like this:
    http://dotnet.org.za/photos/robgoss/...4/425x353.aspx most people won't mind.
    Yummy :yep:. I'd like to know how this man got to that stage? Poor him.

ReputationRep:
    I think people worry too much :P:

as long as you're teeth don't look like this:
    http://dotnet.org.za/photos/robgoss/...4/425x353.aspx most people won't mind.
    Lol, well obviously there are some limits. I often feel concious about my smile. I seem to slightly get a dimple on the left side which isn't cool on a guy. :mad: My teeth aren't the whitest of teeth but i like my teeth more since having braces. Having braces makes a huge difference.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedbrar)
    Lol, well obviously there are some limits. I often feel concious about my smile. I seem to slightly get a dimple on the left side which isn't cool on a guy. :mad: My teeth aren't the whitest of teeth but i like my teeth more since having braces. Having braces makes a huge difference.
    But how bad were your teeth before braces?

ReputationRep:
    1) That pic is utterly horrible, I now feel really quite sick.

2) Crooked teeth wouldn't worry me, but really yellow/unbrushed teeth and bad breath really would.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramadulla)
    But how bad were your teeth before braces?
    Not to bad except the top part i had on the sides the canine teeth i think they are called, slight growing over the other teeth. So i had a molar from each side pulled out so they could be pulled in line with the others. By i was self conscious everytime i opened my mouth. It was kind of like having dracular teeth and they were uncomfortable to bite with.

(Original post by Ariadne)
    1) That pic is utterly horrible, I now feel really quite sick.

2) Crooked teeth wouldn't worry me, but really yellow/unbrushed teeth and bad breath really would.
    Yeah bad breath is one thing nobody likes. Teeth for me don't have to be perfect but if a girl has bad breath...that just doesn't work for me.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I'm normally quite picky about teeth, and if a guy that I liked was smiling, it'd obviously make me feel more comfortable. Unless you were incredibly hot, then you could probably get away with the broodiness (I don't think that's a word lol)

That said, if you didn't show your teeth when you smile, you must show it when you laugh. The guy I like doesn't have the nicest smile I know. Actually probably the worst, but I love it when he laughs, gives me little butterflies:p:

I don't really smile much, so I get the whole unapproachable thing too. I have nice teeth, but apparently have a mischievous grin. Which probably scares people too lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zedbrar)
    Really?
    I love dimples on guys! :love:
    Maybe its just me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuperStaah)
    Really?
    I love dimples on guys! :love:
    Maybe its just me
    Lol, nah i've heard girls say they like dimples so your not alone but i hate having it. I don't mind when a girl has dimples though. Just, i kind of find it makes me feel less masculin. Other that though i dont worry much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Magickal_Faerie)
    Meh, if it is, then I dont know why I have a boyfriend

Mine are uber-bad. Crooked and all sorts :p:

Did consider a brace, but when I learnt it included needles and teeth out I decided not to!
    pain, absolute paaaaaaain!
    :thumbdown:

(Original post by Howells)
    I dislike bad teeth sorry!

But I also dislike men :p:
    I have to agree - bad teeth personally is a turn off for me. I know I shouldn't judge on the nashers, but its one thing that I gawp at first in a bloke.

ReputationRep:
    I have horrible teeth! I have 6 teeth missing due to faulty genes. one of those is right next to my upper bigg teeth, and on the other side of my big teeth i have a sorta tiny, thin fang. My bottom theeth look normal though and are straight after 3 years of braces. I have had temporary prosthetic ones in the past but dont right now so have massive gaps. Allthough it bothers me, alot of fit guys have said they dont care. I suppose it depends on how you looka as a whole. It hasnt put alot of people off me so im sure girls will be the same. Looks are important but I wouldnt judge someone on their teeth.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 14, 2008
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.