TSR Poll of Polls Week 6: 1 WEEK to go! What's your vote? Watch

Poll: Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?
Conservatives (204)
18.8%
Labour (560)
51.61%
Liberal Democrats (145)
13.36%
Green Party (60)
5.53%
Brexit Party (15)
1.38%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (4)
0.37%
SNP (18)
1.66%
Plaid Cymru (5)
0.46%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (0)
0%
Sinn Fein (7)
0.65%
SDLP (2)
0.18%
Ulster Unionist (4)
0.37%
UKIP (11)
1.01%
Other (11)
1.01%
None (39)
3.59%
StrawberryDreams
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Welcome to our sixth poll of polls in the lead up to the general election on December 12th!

All of the polls have now gone up, and people are letting us know who they are thinking of voting for in this upcoming GE. The Conservatives are sketching out their first 100 days in office if they win, Labour are getting into the nitty gritty financial details of spending plans and the Lib Dems are detailing more about their manifesto and where they want to dedicate money. Lots of interviews and debates have also been taking place, showing the leaders knowledge of their promises and their ability to keep cool under pressure. Has any of these events or stories had any affect on your voting preferences? Do you think you'll still vote for the party you thought you would now you can see more about what they want to do for the country?

For those of you who haven't seen this before, we're capturing your votes every Thursday (on a Thursday, yay!) in the lead up to the election. Our awesome data analyst will be providing us some cool stats so we can see how the vote on TSR is looking, and comparing to the general trends.

Whether you've voted before or not, let us know what you're thinking!
Last edited by StrawberryDreams; 1 month ago
1st superstar
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by StrawberryDreams)
Welcome to our fifth poll of polls in the lead up to the general election on December 12th!

All of the polls have now gone up, and people are letting us know who they are thinking of voting for in this upcoming GE. The Conservatives are sketching out their first 100 days in office if they win, Labour are getting into the nitty gritty financial details of spending plans and the Lib Dems are detailing more about their manifesto and where they want to dedicate money. Lots of interviews and debates have also been taking place, showing the leaders knowledge of their promises and their ability to keep cool under pressure. Has any of these events or stories had any affect on your voting preferences? Do you think you'll still vote for the party you thought you would now you can see more about what they want to do for the country?

For those of you who haven't seen this before, we're capturing your votes every Thursday (on a Thursday, yay!) in the lead up to the election. Our awesome data analyst will be providing us some cool stats so we can see how the vote on TSR is looking, and comparing to the general trends.

SNP
Neilos
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No one has yet convinced me to change my vote, and from what I've heard and seen so far it's highly unlikely anyone will.

I remain (still) a reluctant Conservative... on this occasion. Shall return to my normal place after the election.
M_ARTR950
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Labour party for me.
afgzee
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
would have to be labour
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Tory.

Increasingly excited that we are going to win a good majority.
Alfonso_López_02
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
B R E X I T
party
F T W
Castro Saint
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank god the majority of the youth, at least judging by this small sample size, have not been swayed by the consistent bile being pushed by most media establishments. Even if Labour don't win this election, this is still a good sign. For the future we need to make sure to keep pushing for a more greener society and world that we most desperately need. Force Labour to adopt more green policies and maybe we'll have a chance.

And with all our power we shall fight for our NHS. I'll skip work to defend that **** and you should too, if it comes to it.
Last edited by Castro Saint; 1 month ago
minaa77
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Castro Saint)
Thank god the majority of the youth, at least judging by this small sample size, have not been swayed by the consistent bile being pushed by most media establishments. Even if Labour don't win this election, this is still a good sign. For the future we need to make sure to keep pushing for a more greener society and world that we most desperately need. Force Labour to adopt more green policies and maybe we'll have a chance.

And with all our power we shall fight for our NHS. I'll skip work to defend that **** and you should too, if it comes to it.
People like you and the condescending tone you use towards young voters is why a lot of young people either abstain from voting, vote labour blindly, or are closeted conservatives. This notion that the NHS is being sold by the conservatives is a repeated lie, which labour gurge out in every turn, when most of there other defamatory tactics seemed to have failed. The 'bile' you refer to could be said the same for the media that produces tonnes of left-labour propoganda daily, only difference being that the left practically own the mainstream media and so have much, much more influence on passive voters and people who don't research well. The major, major thing that turned me away from the labour party is the identity politics at play, and the constant reminder of skin differences between people, and baseless comments and generalisations of massive demographics of people. This is not to say that conservatives is what everyone should vote for and is the way forward, as even I, who identifies a fair bit with conservative policies and views, am still struggling to where to place my vote, as I think Boris Johnson is an inept baboon who has made very racially insensitive and hurtful comments about black people and proudly shared his disdain for Africa, which have obviously troubled me being of African descent, but the most important thing is to not shame people into voting, and allow differences in political ideologies, as that's what democracy stands for, and if some people choose to vote labour and aren't shamed for it, the same should be extended to all parties, even ones like UKIP and the Brexit party.
busybee1614
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Neilos)
No one has yet convinced me to change my vote, and from what I've heard and seen so far it's highly unlikely anyone will.

I remain (still) a reluctant Conservative... on this occasion. Shall return to my normal place after the election.
How are you still backing the Tories?! Can't you see how untruthful and downright WRONG Bojo is? Not to mention the racism and Islamophobia that is deeply rooted in the party. He even compared muslim women to LETTERBOXES!! and they say we have hope for Britain ? I THINK NOT
They have even FAILED to deliver Brexit and everything else he has 'promised'. If I were you I would HIGHLY reconsider!
busybee1614
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
Tory.

Increasingly excited that we are going to win a good majority.
Ha ha
u sure bout that luv?
u clearly haven't seen the stats.
Rakas21
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by busybee1614)
Ha ha
u sure bout that luv?
RL polling is still firmly on my side so yes.
busybee1614
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Rakas21)
RL polling is still firmly on my side so yes.
i'm talking about the stats on this website.
duh
i dunno what you're on about
Happygurlll246
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
How are you still backing the Tories?! Can't you see how untruthful and downright WRONG Bojo is? Not to mention the racism and Islamophobia that is deeply rooted in the party. He even compared muslim women to LETTERBOXES!! and they say we have hope for Britain ? I THINK NOT
They have even FAILED to deliver Brexit and everything else he has 'promised'. If I were you I would HIGHLY reconsider!
💯 💯 couldn’t of said it better myself
insecureteen99
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
i'm talking about the stats on this website.
duh
i dunno what you're on about
they are saying that real life polling supports tories more and to be honest those are the polls that matter
AnAveragePerson
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by StrawberryDreams)
Welcome to our sixth poll of polls in the lead up to the general election on December 12th!

Leaning to Conservatives as their policies are more realistic unlike Labour's, like where on Earth is Corbyn going to get all that money from to fund his policies, it's a bit far fetched to be honest.
AnAveragePerson
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Ha ha
u sure bout that luv?
Funny how you're talking about stats like they're reliable, have you seen the last elections one?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (71)
27.73%
1 (40)
15.63%
2 (41)
16.02%
3 (38)
14.84%
4 (17)
6.64%
5 (20)
7.81%