The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

1) Manchester -> Newcastle. Going past Leeds station someone threw a brick at the train, it smashed the first pane, but only shattered the second one (was double glazing), and the man in front of me, who was near it, just stood up and PUNCHED the window so it fell through completely, then turned back to his laptop.

2) Manchester -> Lancaster. I was sat next to the TOILETS, the place was packed. And this guy walked in, with his hand over his mouth (so I assumed he was going to be sick or something?). Anyway, he forgot to close the door... completely :s So I watched him walk in, and leave the door (must've thought it was automatic) and pulled his hand away from his mouth and it was just one huge SCAB. Like as if he'd had 30 cold sores all at one time. And he started pulling on the scabs, and peeling them off. It was a good 10 minutes before he noticed the door was open.

Ick.
jonnythemoose
Haha, on the same trip to Paris, I think one asked me if I spoke English - and I snapped ''Non!'' :mad:

Another time, a French guy was bothering us, and he spoke English too, so we pretended we were Spanish. Then we found out he actually spoke Spanish. We, on the other hand, did not. :biggrin:

haha! smooth...
There was a guy with a rat who shoved it in my face when I was about 7.

That's it really.
I remember a coach incident, on the way back from a school trip, we were hurtling down some road - and some moron of a driver was trying to turn on to the road, and obviously misjudged it slightly, because as we drove past the junction he was turning from, he drove into the side of our coach. :s-smilie:

Fortunately, it was a robust coach, and we just kept driving. :biggrin:
Reply 64
aye, twas raining very badly and had to catch a few trains on the way home, all delayed and this man with a stick and hunchback was waiting to get off the train near the doors and me and someone i dont know were stood there and this old guy starts swearing and punching the walls and making these crazy gestures for the train to hurry up, funny thing was hed do it then stop and look at us all laughing like crazy and continue anyway plus he wasnt drunk, twas almost as if he was actually saying his thoughts

another time one drunk man must have repeated the same 2 or 3 sentences for half an hour, "i love my dog, im selling my dog, do you want to buy my dog"
Reply 65
Was sat near the toilet in a packed carriage and this girl went to use it, shutting the door behind her. The door was automatic; on a timer, and opened again a little while later to reveal the poor girl sitting on the loo! Needless to say she was mortified..

Also once had the pleasure of sharing a carriage with a bunch of rowdy drunk punks in Germany. Three had rats living in their tops eep.
Reply 66
one time this business woman touched my crotch*

*by accident
CherryCola
Was sat near the toilet in a packed carriage and this girl went to use it, shutting the door behind her. The door was automatic; on a timer, and opened again a little while later to reveal the poor girl sitting on the loo! Needless to say she was mortified..

Also once had the pleasure of sharing a carriage with a bunch of rowdy drunk punks in Germany. Three had rats living in their tops eep.

I had one of those ruddy toilets with the sliding electric door!!

Ididn't realise you had to press close and then press lock

thank god guys have our backs to the door when peeing otherwise passengers would of got an eyeful.

Still embarassing though !! Had forgot untill now lol
Reply 68
London------>Birmingham. I think for me the worst is when there was a drunk guy beside me who smelt really bad, he then started to get up and sing to everyone but then it was funny when he started swearing at the police and they tackled him. Hilarious.

Birmingham ------> London. There was a woman beside me while I was writing in my diary and she just kept on leaning over to my side to read it. And i wasnt even writing about anything exciting but just general stuff. Anyway i decided while she was leaning over I would write I think i'm attracted to the woman beside me.She quickly got up and left but not before she gave me the dirtiest look.
Reply 69
Over 20 carol singers on the Bangkok skytrain at Christmas singing english carols. Hanging out the train doors in China. Sitting in unreserved 3rd class in china, 6 people on 2 person seats, people lying in the gang way. Being surrounded by farmers and their produce in Thailand on the slowwwww local trains. Lots of cool train journeys on my travels around asia, tried to go in cattle class [cheapest] as much as possible to mix with the locals
Reply 70
I was on the underground in DC last year, just come from starbucks so I had a large coffee in one hand which i hadnt had a chance to drink yet.
I tried to get onto the train, which was admittedly a little full, but I went for it so I didn't have to wait for the next one, but a woman on the platform evidently disagreed with my decision and grabbed my arm to pull me back - I ended up with my arm stuck in the door, scalding coffee all over me, and my hat down the gap between train and platform.
To say I was not best pleased would be an understatement of heavenly proportion.
I had to remove my hoody and shirt as they were soaked, and it was hellasnowy above ground. I then had to tour the Supreme Court wearing my friends hoody, which was far too small for me, amid laughs of the security personnel.
Then I had to go to Macy's on the way home for a new shirt - it's not all bad new, it's a very good shirt... I'm wearing it now :biggrin:
Reply 71
also, I was once sexually assaulted by a chavette lol
I was 15, or thereabouts, and standing by the door waiting for the train to stop, when a group of chavs approached me and my friend. One of them, for reasons unbeknown to me, began to stroke my *ahem* 'crotchal region'
when I asked her why she was doing it, she shouted something along the lines of 'stop being such a virgin'...
I had to assure her that in chester, being a virgin at 15 wasnt uncommon unless you were a chav whore
She stopped after that :wink:
this is so unfair, i get 3 trains a day normally and nothing interestings ever happened to me :frown:
Annaconda
this is so unfair, i get 3 trains a day normally and nothing interestings ever happened to me :frown:

You use public transport :s-smilie: eww (vomits)
You use public transport :s-smilie: eww (vomits)

how else am i meant to get around?
Reply 75
i was 5 years old and we'd come to england on holiday, the doors were closing so i ran in thinking my parents were following but they weren't, i was so scared lol
Reply 76
A group of kids got on the tube, prolly 6-7 of them. They were all around 14-15 and acting unruly. They decided to play a game where they punch each other on the arm and had to pass it along. So it gets to the ring leader sitting on the end and he decides to pass it along to a random woman. So... yeah he punches her on the arm... and encourages her to punch the woman next to her who passes it on to one of the kids again. Quite surreal to see strangers punch each other cos some kid said so... but then it stopped at me cos the kid next to me saw the look I gave him as he was about to punch me on the arm and decided he'd prefer if I didn't punch him in the face back :biggrin: He got called a pussy by his mates all of whom were too scared to do the punching themselves... then I was told that their "dad was waiting at the next station and was going to kick my arse"... but for some reason they all got off that stop and got on the next carriage instead... chav party pooper? me?
My first experience on a subway system was in New York City when I was in high school. New York's underground system is far more complicated than London's. Anyway, we're riding along and my friend (who is directionally challeged to begin with) randomly gets off at the wrong stop. I couldn't catch her before the doors shut. She honestly thought that was the right stop. It was scary then, but we have a laugh about it now.

This one is more sad than weird, but I was on a train heading home to London from Cardiff after a day trip and the train stopped because I man was trying to commit suicide in front of the train. Eventually it started moving again, but they never said what happened to the man. I think I may always wonder what became of him...
After the Star Wars premiere in 2005, my friend and I missed the last train home, so we had to get the next one which went nearest to where we needed to get. It was 1am. I was dressed as Darth Vader, my friend as Obi-Wan Kenobi. We got chatting to a bloke who was a 30-year-old teacher, wearing a suit, who had also missed the same train. We got on the next train with him, and were talking about Star Wars when another guy (also missed the same train) came along and joined us. He was in full chainmail and carrying a broadsword, having just come from a re-enactment in Belgium. The four of us were the only people on the train.
Reply 79
Slender Loris
After the Star Wars premiere in 2005, my friend and I missed the last train home, so we had to get the next one which went nearest to where we needed to get. It was 1am. I was dressed as Darth Vader, my friend as Obi-Wan Kenobi. We got chatting to a bloke who was a 30-year-old teacher, wearing a suit, who had also missed the same train. We got on the next train with him, and were talking about Star Wars when another guy (also missed the same train) came along and joined us. He was in full chainmail and carrying a broadsword, having just come from a re-enactment in Belgium. The four of us were the only people on the train.

Hahahaha!

Latest

Trending

Trending