The Student Room Group

Nursing

I want to do Bachelor In Nursing in uni and I’m doing my alevels right now. Will universities not accept me if I don’t take Maths?? I am taking Biology and Chemistry.
Reply 1
Original post by Tryingmybest16
I want to do Bachelor In Nursing in uni and I’m doing my alevels right now. Will universities not accept me if I don’t take Maths?? I am taking Biology and Chemistry.

I didn’t do maths or chemistry and I only have an AS in Biology and I’m studying nursing
I did history politics psychology
Original post by Pugglet
I didn’t do maths or chemistry and I only have an AS in Biology and I’m studying nursing
I did history politics psychology

Can we do that? Which university do you go to?
Reply 3
Can we do that? Which university do you go to?

I’m at Northumbria
They don’t ask for specific subjects, just that you get 120ucas points
Original post by Pugglet
I’m at Northumbria

Is it the same for all the universities?? Cause I’m planning to study in University Of Adelaide, if yes am I gonna be okay with psychology, biology, sociology and general paper?
Is it the same for all the universities?? Cause I’m planning to study in University Of Adelaide, if yes am I gonna be okay with psychology, biology, sociology and general paper?

Original post by Pugglet
I’m at Northumbria

I’m sorry if I asked too many questions l
Reply 6
I’m sorry if I asked too many questions l

Unfortunately I don’t know so you’d have to look it up
Original post by Pugglet
Unfortunately I don’t know so you’d have to look it up

Okay thank you so much

TSR is a mainly UK based forum, so people’s experiences of entry requirements will be based upon those of UK universities. Are you currently in the UK or Australia?

most unis will accept you.
Exact entry requirements for nursing degrees vary from university to university, with some being stricter than others. In many cases, it isn’t essential to have studied science (biology or chemistry) or at A-Level or BTEC, though it is desirable. General Studies is usually not accepted by universities.

they will expect you to have Maths at GCSE though - grades 9-4/A*-C

Quick Reply

Latest