The best devised revison method for 9's GCSE. Watch

The_million
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hey i was reading a book that explains the 'formula to getting 9's' GCSE. The book struck me into how there is literally the most simple effective technique to get 9's in any subject you take.
The method was basically to use the exam boards specification to cover everything then practice past papers and exam questions. The specification legally needs to contains everything needed to know. So by learning the spec and doing practice papers i guarantee you'll get at least an 8. No need to waste time on revision cards unless the subject is very fact based e.g History.
Davina1st
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by The_million)
Hey i was reading a book that explains the 'formula to getting 9's' GCSE. The book struck me into how there is literally the most simple effective technique to get 9's in any subject you take.
The method was basically to use the exam boards specification to cover everything then practice past papers and exam questions. The specification legally needs to contains everything needed to know. So by learning the spec and doing practice papers i guarantee you'll get at least an 8. No need to waste time on revision cards unless the subject is very fact based e.g History.
I completely agree, one of the subjects i do best in is Geography and the teacher teaches us straight from the specification. If its a case of learning the specification info you can make revision cards covering each point of the spec, learn that and then do revision questions.
pelumixo
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Even for history you can use your specification I believe, by making it into a checklist. E.g I do aqa gcse history and the spec isn’t very detailed but it has the topics that you have to revise which I made into a checklist
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - London Moorgate campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20
  • University of East Anglia
    PGCE Open day Postgraduate
    Sat, 29 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (476)
66.48%
No (240)
33.52%

Watched Threads