The Student Room Group

I'm 17 and smoked 5 cigarettes in the past 4 days - have I ****ed my life up?

So, everyone experiments in college and I started social smoking. In the past 4 days Ive smoked 1 a day, 2 today. Im not addicted and quite frankly I hate the smell and the feeling isn't so great. I mean the out of body experience is good, I get all laughy and weird and it's great but the smoke, the feeling whilst smoking and the after headache it just isn't great.
Sooooo what I'm trying to ask is if I quit now then have i really ****ed my life up? In years to come can i expect cancer or is 5 not bad? Like I just don't want to think that i've cut my life in half because i've smoked a few cigarettes.
Help please!
Yup, your life expectancy has decreased by 50%...it's the first five that do the damage.
Reply 2
Dead man writing....
Original post by MrMusician95
Yup, your life expectancy has decreased by 50%...it's the first five that do the damage.

lol
Reply 4
Original post by Katie Louise 15
So, everyone experiments in college and I started social smoking. In the past 4 days Ive smoked 1 a day, 2 today. Im not addicted and quite frankly I hate the smell and the feeling isn't so great. I mean the out of body experience is good, I get all laughy and weird and it's great but the smoke, the feeling whilst smoking and the after headache it just isn't great.
Sooooo what I'm trying to ask is if I quit now then have i really ****ed my life up? In years to come can i expect cancer or is 5 not bad? Like I just don't want to think that i've cut my life in half because i've smoked a few cigarettes.
Help please!

each cigarette takes 11 minutes off your life apparently

smoke too many and there's a good chance you will end up with cancer further shortening your life.

..however smoking a mere 5 cigarettes is unlikely to induce cancer.....
If you continue to smoke, your health without doubt will suffer, your chance of contracting cancer etc increases, so my advice to you would be quit now before it becomes a habit.
Reply 6
How did you make it to college? No but seriously you will be fine if you stop....not worth it

Quick Reply

Latest