Vanessa Rose 01
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have no one around I can practice with. I have my A level exam looming up and I am feeling the pressure.

Do you have any special tips for how I can improve my Spanish?
Even though I regard my level of Spanish to be rather good, I struggle to read things on the news sometimes. Do I have to just keep at it?
I feel like I've hit a block and not progressing at all. I don't feel I'm improving in the least 😭😭

Also, if you can recommend any resources at all (speaking/listening/reading/writing) I would be very grateful.
Last edited by Vanessa Rose 01; 1 month ago
Agent78600
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
watch peppa pig or any other cartoons in spanish they are simple to understand so kids can learn..and i also recommend duolingo..such things can be fun and revising at the same time..and speak certain words with your family new words that you learn even though they wont undersatnd speaking helps to remember things easily.
Quick-use
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Vanessa Rose 01)
I have no one around I can practice with. I have my A level exam looming up and I am feeling the pressure.

Do you have any special tips for how I can improve my Spanish?
Even though I regard my level of Spanish to be rather good, I struggle to read things on the news sometimes. Do I have to just keep at it?
I feel like I've hit a block and not progressing at all. I don't feel I'm improving in the least 😭😭

Also, if you can recommend any resources at all (speaking/listening/reading/writing) I would be very grateful.
Do you struggle to read and pronounce words or to understand the vocabulary / grammar used in the news etc?
Vanessa Rose 01
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Quick-use)
Do you struggle to read and pronounce words or to understand the vocabulary / grammar used in the news etc?
No I don't, I'm at a higher level than that. My problem is that that Spanish (ie news spanish) is very, very different to how we would say things in English, and also quite often figurative language is used.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (128)
27.71%
1 (69)
14.94%
2 (71)
15.37%
3 (74)
16.02%
4 (37)
8.01%
5 (30)
6.49%