30th TSR General Election. VOTE HERE! Watch

Poll: Cast Your Vote in the TSR General Election!
TSR Labour Party (86)
43.22%
TSR Conservative and Unionist Party (49)
24.62%
SoggyCabbages, Independent Candidate (5)
2.51%
Barnetlad, Independent Candidate (7)
3.52%
Aph, Independent Candidate (2)
1.01%
CatusStarbright, Independent Candidate (5)
2.51%
TSR Liberal Democrat Party (31)
15.58%
TSR Libertarian Party (11)
5.53%
Spoil Ballot (3)
1.51%
Miss Maddie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Andrew97, what does "manifestos may not contain ... quotes attributed to, any real-life figure, living or dead, political or otherwise," mean?
JMR2020.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
yo96TNmn4rxNLcChfg0SFoo0Bp6SV7tINY36qtfA9vc.jpg
JMR2020.
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
DcSPFIwVQAIhS1L.jpg
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by Miss Maddie)
Andrew97, what does "manifestos may not contain ... quotes attributed to, any real-life figure, living or dead, political or otherwise," mean?
I assume your a referring to the Labour Manifesto. The phrase is not attributed to any one figure in particular.
JMR2020.
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
8c5e8d45-ad47-4248-ba6d-87b13408b689-1365x2040.jpeg
Miss Maddie
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Andrew97)
I assume your a referring to the Labour Manifesto. The phrase is not attributed to any one figure in particular.
It is from when Tony Blair successfully rewrote the party's constitution in 1995 and the phrase takes inspiration from Shelley’s The Masque of Anarchy and its line "ye are many - they are fewer"

For future reference, at what point does a phrase become attributed? Every combination of words has been spoken by someone out of 107 billion people to ever live. Doesn't that mean every phrase/combination of words possible is not attributed to any one figure?
barnetlad
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Vote for Barnetlad to be an outward looking country not isolationist.

Vote for Barnetlad to love all those on the planet.

IMG_0990.JPG
Andrew97
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
It is from when Tony Blair successfully rewrote the party's constitution in 1995 and the phrase takes inspiration from Shelley’s The Masque of Anarchy and its line "ye are many - they are fewer"

For future reference, at what point does a phrase become attributed? Every combination of words has been spoken by someone out of 107 billion people to ever live. Doesn't that mean every phrase/combination of words possible is not attributed to any one figure?
I consider it similar to last terms GE, where the Liberal Democrat’s used the term ********* to Brexit. In that it’s been used by many and banded out.

That’s the issue and it’s hard to provide an answer without a concrete example, it’s something I’d have to consider on a case by case basis.
CatusStarbright
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by barnetlad)
Vote for Barnetlad to be an outward looking country not isolationist.

Vote for Barnetlad to love all those on the planet.

IMG_0990.JPG
Hey, I'm the cat around here!
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
Other animals are also loved and part of this planet. So are trees and I want to see 5% of all large landholdings planted with trees and hedgerows.

Vote for Barnetlad.

IMG_0260.JPG
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
You're not the only one to be affected by Barnet's animal propaganda, he used a picture of my bloody family.

(Original post by barnetlad)
Vote for a Green Voice in the House- vote for Barnetlad.

Attachment 865806
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by The Mogg)
You're not the only one to be affected by Barnet's animal propaganda, he used a picture of my bloody family.
Naughty barnetlad!
Miss Maddie
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
CatusStarbright the Tory manifesto has gotten worse
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
CatusStarbright the Tory manifesto has gotten worse
It does indeed look like different parts were done by different people and then stitched together. Frankenstein's manifesto!

(I'll do a full analysis on all of them when I get time)
username5026532
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
spoiling my ballot
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by criticalem)
spoiling my ballot
Booooooo
Bailey14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Vote Labour
votelabour.png
Jammy Duel
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
And just like the RL Labour party TSR Labour have spelt "for the few, not the Jew" wrong.
Last edited by Jammy Duel; 2 months ago
TheRadishPrince
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
My analysis of the manifesto designs only.

Labour - Nothing too radical, ticks the boxes for a solid Labour manifesto policy included and looks visually appealing (although text appears quite small for me on mobile so was a struggle to read)

Conservative - Long manifesto looks much nicer appearance wise than the short manifesto we see here. The British flag with text at the top looks like the kinda thing a 47 year old guy on Facebook would make their profile picture, rather than a professional document.

Soggy - Decent looking indy manifesto. I would have used a different font with no border so it's less memey looking but then again that is a big part of Soggy's character so it works for him and is clear to read.

Barnet - Classic no thrills look, saving valuable resources of our beloved environment by making it a text post.

Aph and Catus - same design as last election. They're both solid designs however so I don't see a problem with that.

Liberal Democrat - I like the new look of ours and like the yellow and green combo more than I had originally expected in planning. A fresh, appealing manifesto to be proud of.

Libertarian Party - MUCH better design than last time in my opinion. Clear to read and I like the pictures of people used getting a clear message across which I think the last manifesto failed to do as well.

Not including the Liberal Democrats being my party, my order in terms of design goes as follows:
1. Libertarian - for progression from last election imo
2. Catus
3. Labour
4. Soggy and Aph tied (Soggy for readability, Aph for aesthetic)
5. Barnet
6. Conservative
Last edited by TheRadishPrince; 2 months ago
Bailey14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Vote Labour
votelabournhs.png
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.44%
No (242)
33.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed