30th TSR General Election. VOTE HERE! Watch

Poll: Cast Your Vote in the TSR General Election!
TSR Labour Party (86)
43.22%
TSR Conservative and Unionist Party (49)
24.62%
SoggyCabbages, Independent Candidate (5)
2.51%
Barnetlad, Independent Candidate (7)
3.52%
Aph, Independent Candidate (2)
1.01%
CatusStarbright, Independent Candidate (5)
2.51%
TSR Liberal Democrat Party (31)
15.58%
TSR Libertarian Party (11)
5.53%
Spoil Ballot (3)
1.51%
Miss Maddie
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Bailey14)
Vote Labour
Attachment 865834
I commend you for doing a good job putting off voters. Spamming Labour images won't work
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Miss Maddie)
I commend you for doing a good job putting off voters. Spamming Labour images won't work
What do you mean?! People love being bombarded with propaganda.
JMR2020.
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
You're just jealous you don't have any good images.
Bailey14
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Not sure posting two images can be justified as spamming.
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Bailey14)
Not sure posting two images can be justified as spamming.
2? Between yourself and JMR you've sent Labour images 7 times already, and we're only a few hours into a 1 week process.
JMR2020.
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by The Mogg)
2? Between yourself and JMR you've sent Labour images 7 times already, and we're only a few hours into a 1 week process.
Screenshot_20191205_223051.jpg
The Mogg
  • Political Ambassador
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
The Labour answer to everything.

Spoiler:
Show
Although I will happily admit I chuckled a bit at that, so well done...
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It is from when Tony Blair successfully rewrote the party's constitution in 1995 and the phrase takes inspiration from Shelley’s The Masque of Anarchy and its line "ye are many - they are fewer"

For future reference, at what point does a phrase become attributed? Every combination of words has been spoken by someone out of 107 billion people to ever live. Doesn't that mean every phrase/combination of words possible is not attributed to any one figure?
When I wrote the amendment I intended 'attributed' to refer to exactly that – when the name of the person who said it is included alongside the quote, so as to try to gain benefit from the use of the RL person's name.
Aph
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It’s sad but whoever designed the Tory manifesto has lost the beauty of the pervious ones. The conservatives perhaps have the ugliest manifesto here.

I guess labour at least managed to submit something?

Soggy is a centerist :laugh:?

Overall I like the rest of them, personally I think that Catus’ and mine have the best design however.
Aph
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by TheRadishPrince)
My analysis of the manifesto designs only.

Labour - Nothing too radical, ticks the boxes for a solid Labour manifesto policy included and looks visually appealing (although text appears quite small for me on mobile so was a struggle to read)

Conservative - Long manifesto looks much nicer appearance wise than the short manifesto we see here. The British flag with text at the top looks like the kinda thing a 47 year old guy on Facebook would make their profile picture, rather than a professional document.

Soggy - Decent looking indy manifesto. I would have used a different font with no border so it's less memey looking but then again that is a big part of Soggy's character so it works for him and is clear to read.

Barnet - Classic no thrills look, saving valuable resources of our beloved environment by making it a text post.

Aph and Catus - same design as last election. They're both solid designs however so I don't see a problem with that.

Liberal Democrat - I like the new look of ours and like the yellow and green combo more than I had originally expected in planning. A fresh, appealing manifesto to be proud of.

Libertarian Party - MUCH better design than last time in my opinion. Clear to read and I like the pictures of people used getting a clear message across which I think the last manifesto failed to do as well.

Not including the Liberal Democrats being my party, my order in terms of design goes as follows:
1. Libertarian - for progression from last election imo
2. Catus
3. Labour
4. Soggy
5. Barnet and Aph tied
6. Conservative
How am I ranked behind hard-to-read labour and a literal cabbage and ranked tied with plain text?
TheRadishPrince
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Aph)
How am I ranked behind hard-to-read labour and a literal cabbage and ranked tied with plain text?
I didn't find yours the easiest to read either tbh (albeit a little easier than Labour) and found Soggy's very easy to read which I'll always give a plus to. Good point about Barnet though and I won't deny your design is nicer than Soggy's, just harder to read. I'll move you up to tied with Soggy I think for achieving different things quite well in readability and aesthetic

You could have submitted a manifesto saying 'actions speak louder than words' and I'd have put you above the Tory one however
Baron of Sealand
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Tory Tory Tory!

Stand against antisemitism!
barnetlad
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
You're not the only one to be affected by Barnet's animal propaganda, he used a picture of my bloody family.
(Original post by CatusStarbright)
Naughty barnetlad!
I was made very welcome when I became the third generation of my family to visit said farm where this photo was taken last June. My grandfather taught at one of the local schools for three years.

I travelled there by public transport. Here is a further picture taken at the time.

Vote barnetlad for a Green voice in the House.

IMG_0161.JPG
LiberOfLondon
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
vote libertarian
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
My thoughts on the manifestos (not policies - I'll interrogate those in another post!):

Labour - decent manifesto, clearly some effort was put in so good job.

Conservatives - it definitely looks like different people made different parts of the manifesto and it was stitched together. Also, if there is supposed to be a fuller version upon clicking on it then the link is broken.

SoggyCabbages - it's actually pretty hard to read, but nice cabbage background.

barnetlad - it does look like a Microsoft Word item, but it's easy to read and clear enough.

Aph - decent structure on the whole, some of the sentences are a tad wordy.

Myself - yes the design remains mostly unchanged but the policies have been adjusted.

Liberal Democrats - is this a Fez creation by any chance? It's just the green and yellow mix that makes me wonder.... Staying true to form, I see you've again managed a full length manifesto so well done.

Libertarians - congratulations on the massive improvement and the return to Saunders-era standards. I do admit I find the generic people a tad unnerving however.

Oh the whole, not a bad field!
Last edited by CatusStarbright; 2 months ago
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Policies:

JMR2019. (Labour)
How do you intend to fund the £26 billion for the NHS, the removal of tuition fees, making transport free/'affordable' and making broadband free?

Why do you think that funding all schools equally with the same amount of money is appropriate? Some schools are much bigger than others, some schools are more deprived, some schools have more SEND children in them that others. How do you justify this?

What 'green jobs' do you envisage there being in the north?

Baron of Sealand (Conservative and Unionist Party)
Actually freedom of movement currently does have some restrictions so how can you say you'll end something that doesn't exist?

How do you plan to *facilitate free trade with the rest of the world?

What are 'anti-drown measures', and what powers will you grant to combat anti-terrorism? And grant them to who?

How do you intend to make tuition fees more flexible?

SoggyCabbages (Independent)
Which parts of the Brexit deal would you renegotiate?

What would you replace Universal Credit with?

For those reading this thread who are perhaps less aware of your voting/legislative record, what would you consider your highlights of the past term to be?

barnetlad (Independent)
How would you seek to reduce red meat consumption by a third in such a short space of time?

What would be in this separate driving test for large ‘Chelsea tractor’ cars, and do you think it's realistic to force out non-electric cars so quickly?

Why would you end zero hours contracts and the flexible working that the gig economy offers?

Aph (Independent)
With regards to your courts pledge, haven't you literally just attempted to do this?

Why would you want to federate the UK and how is a codified constitution supposed to restore trust and stability?

What would you envisage your educational reforms looking like (in more detail)?

TheRadishPrince (Liberal Democrats)
Why would you campaign to stop Brexit and alienate a potential voting base who prefers remain but believes in following through with the result of the referendum?

How can you claim to want to protect the environment yet pledge to make train and air travel cheaper - how do you reconcile these stances?

If you're adding BSL and computer programming skills to the school curriculum, what are you taking out of it?

Mr T 999 (Libertarians)
How will you 'defend people' from government surveillance?

What do you mean with regards to 'reactionary firearms policies'?

How will you ensure high-quality 16-18 education and affordable housing for our future generations?

Why do you want a budget surplus, and how do you reconcile large tax cuts with that commitment?
Last edited by CatusStarbright; 2 months ago
Saracen's Fez
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Baron of Sealand)
Tory Tory Tory!

Stand against antisemitism!
All the other parties are antisemitic, are they?

(Original post by CatusStarbright)
Liberal Democrats - is this a Fez creation by any chance? It's just the green and yellow mix that makes me wonder.... Staying true to form, I see you've again managed a full length manifesto so well done.
It may be...
CatusStarbright
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Saracen's Fez)
It may be...
Busted!
Connor27
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Vote Conservative - we are the only patriotic option that respects free markets and common sense cultural values rather than demented liberalism.
shadowdweller
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Vote Tory or the world as we know it crumbles.
You say that like it's a bad thing :beard:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (479)
66.53%
No (241)
33.47%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed