The Student Room Group

Have I got a chance?

I went to university when I was younger. I came from a very unstable situation and found myself in several more afterwards. I probably shouldn't have pursued higher education but didn't see other options at the time.

I've since gotten my life together and feel extremely limited by my education options.

Here's my current funding history.

Y1 - Hospitalised
Y2 - Started, left, transferred onto another course for next year.
Y3 - Passed
Y4 - Passed
Y5 - Hospitalised

I was given a DipHE when I left. The course doesn't exist any more to pick it back up.

Logically I must have used a +1 year or some other arrangement I'm unfamiliar with during this process.

If I could retroactively gain CPR for Y1, Y2 and Y5 that would leave me 2 years of funding. Before I pay through the nose for medical letters and set myself up for a disappointment, can someone from SFE comment on the odds that I could get that final third year funded?

If I did proceed would I be responsible for tuition and living costs for the final year or could a partial arrangement be found?

Say I found myself on a 4 year course in Scotland where I could probably use my existing qualifications to exempt myself from the first year there. Would the length of course formula fund me for 3 years of a 4 year course?
Original post by rlorlo
I went to university when I was younger. I came from a very unstable situation and found myself in several more afterwards. I probably shouldn't have pursued higher education but didn't see other options at the time.

I've since gotten my life together and feel extremely limited by my education options.

Y1 - Hospitalised
Y3 - Passed
Y4 - Passed
Y5 - Hospitalised

I was given a DipHE when I left. The course doesn't exist any more to pick it back up.

Logically I must have used a +1 year or some other arrangement I'm unfamiliar with during this process.

If I could retroactively gain CPR for Y1, Y2 and Y5 that would leave me 2 years of funding. Before I pay through the nose for medical letters and set myself up for a disappointment, can someone from SFE comment on the odds that I could get that final third year funded?

If I did proceed would I be responsible for tuition and living costs for the final year or could a partial arrangement be found?

Say I found myself on a 4 year course in Scotland where I could probably use my existing qualifications to exempt myself from the first year there. Would the length of course formula fund me for 3 years of a 4 year course?

Hello there,

From the looks of it it'll be that you studied a different length course second time round as you can see from
this eligibility form.
I'm not sure of whether or not you could get the third year funded or not as I believe it depends primarily on the length of your previous courses and potential course.

What were the length of the courses you previously attended?

Patrick :lep:
(edited 4 years ago)
Original post by rlorlo

Y1 - Hospitalised
Y3 - Passed
Y4 - Passed
Y5 - Hospitalised

Hi there,

Can you please confirm the different courses you've previously studied and what you are looking to study next? Where do you reside?

Thanks,
Nihad

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending