Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_spanner89)
    someone = one person

one= singular

loser = singular
    Lol your first post should have been grammar, unless you were being ironic. :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaveJ)
    Lol your first post should have been grammar, unless you were being ironic. :p:

nope, im just lazy

when i handwrite my spelling is perfect, and im good at spelling generally..i just relax and cant be arsed on the internet, i mean..it saves time NOT too put in capital letters, or too go through threads checking spelling. My mind is pretty much somewhere else when i write on TSR

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SuffocatedAnxiety)
    Same really.. If someone can't be bothered to type properly, I'm less inclined to read it.
    It really doesn't take that much effort... I don't mind the odd spelling mistake caused by quick typing or whatever, but excessive bad grammar and spelling is ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kizz91)
    It really doesn't take that much effort... I don't mind the odd spelling mistake caused by quick typing or whatever, but excessive bad grammar and spelling is ridiculous.
    What if someone had a low linguistic ability and just couldn't control it?

ReputationRep:
    It was scary when in exams I would write a word, move my pen and in my head I'd wait to see if a little red line came underneath - i wasn't *totally* crazy - it was just habit that my mind would spell a word - pause and wait for verification through a red squiggle.

*shudder*

ReputationRep:
    Mine is automatic with Firefox for some reason. However, who actually cares anyway?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah ,I use a spell checker. My spelling is awful.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramadulla)
    What if someone had a low linguistic ability and just couldn't control it?
    I'm cool with low linguistic ability. What bugs me is people who can but don't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anna_spanner89)
    erm..patience?
    :adore:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by solo2wolf)
    :adore:

im going too publically down you now and not give it you for being a rep whore and desperate

ReputationRep:
    im used to writing text speak on things like this, and etc...i can do either...just find text speak quicker..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flick The Switch)
    Mine is automatic with Firefox for some reason. However, who actually cares anyway?
    Please tell me how you get it 'automatic' ?

ReputationRep:
    i do sometimes, cos i use a mac windows about half the time each, so it depends what im on

ReputationRep:
    No idea. It automatically comes up. Never thought about it really.

EDIT: TOOLS > OPTIONS > ADVANCED > BROWSING (then check the box)

ReputationRep:
    Hahahaha

ReputationRep:
    No, never. Unless it's a series of complex words which I'm not sure I've spelt correctly.

ReputationRep:
    No I don't use a spell checker. It never really occurred to me to use one.

ReputationRep:
    Nope, I can't be bothered with all that so I just post straight away.

I get critisised for my spelling by all the grammar obsessives on here all the time though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mollymustard)
    Nope, I can't be bothered with all that so I just post straight away.

I get critisised for my spelling by all the grammar obsessives on here all the time though

ReputationRep:
    No, I don't.

It's not really cheating, otherwise why else would they have coded said spellcheckers into the browser?

I hate bad spelling and grammar, so, if people need to use spellcheckers to help them get it right, then I'm happy with it.

It would only feel like cheating to someone, OP, I guess, if they knew that someone else was rubbish at spelling, and was consistently being corrected, and so never posted anything with mistakes, while they were a competent speller, who didn't use spellcheckers, but who perhaps might have slight mistakes pointed out to them when using more adventurous language.

I do wish people would learn to spell such basic words as "definitely," though, which crop up all the time, and also refrain from using "of" as an auxiliary. But that's just a pet peeve of mine.

What can you do? Nothing. Just worry about your own ability and no one else's - that's all that matters.

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.