The Student Room Group

Quiting my job in 2 months to study??

Basically, I work in retail part time and I have a really intimidating manager and everyone finds him scary and rude. I also couldn't keep up with A2 work due to so many hours per week so I was planning to quit a job that I only worked for 2 months. However, I have heard it will be difficult to get another job since I only worked short term so I was wondering, if it is okay to quit a job due to studies. I would ask for less hours but I need weekends because my tutor is only available in weekends and the company I work at says it's a must to work in weekends plus weekdays
Original post by dummy021005
Basically, I work in retail part time and I have a really intimidating manager and everyone finds him scary and rude. I also couldn't keep up with A2 work due to so many hours per week so I was planning to quit a job that I only worked for 2 months. However, I have heard it will be difficult to get another job since I only worked short term so I was wondering, if it is okay to quit a job due to studies. I would ask for less hours but I need weekends because my tutor is only available in weekends and the company I work at says it's a must to work in weekends plus weekdays

Of course it’s okay to leave your job, you should feel tied to the job if studying is more important. After all, getting good grades is vital compared to a short term job.

Good luck :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending