The Student Room Group

Moving from my sixth form college back to my school sixth form?

I’ve struggled ALOT with settling into my sixth form college as it’s based in a busy town and I struggle with social anxiety quite a lot (currently getting help for it though). It’s been a big step up from my quite village secondary school! My lessons have consisted of panic and anxiety attacks ever since I have started (4 months ago) and I am starting to regret choosing not to stay in at my school sixth form. I’m going to contact my school to see if it’s possible if I can move back there but I am worried about having to catch up on the work as one of my subjects does not share the same exam boards (history) and there’s a lot to catch up on so far. What do you think I should do? As I think I’ll be much more comfortable moving back. Has anyone else been through this? Thanks!
(edited 4 years ago)
omg yes..my anxiety is so bad..sometimes i start getting angry..and all the noises drive me crazy...youre not alone...if its effecting your health and your school work and if your college isnt good and arent supporting you i would leave...did you know that you can do online a level courses..you can do it anytime but you will have to make sure you dont get lazy...and secondly if your school lets you go back i would definitely go..since socializing is a huge skill in life so its important to be around people..bu the most important thing is to look after yourself. Hope this helped x
Reply 2
Original post by Agent78600
omg yes..my anxiety is so bad..sometimes i start getting angry..and all the noises drive me crazy...youre not alone...if its effecting your health and your school work and if your college isnt good and arent supporting you i would leave...did you know that you can do online a level courses..you can do it anytime but you will have to make sure you dont get lazy...and secondly if your school lets you go back i would definitely go..since socializing is a huge skill in life so its important to be around people..bu the most important thing is to look after yourself. Hope this helped x

Thanks for your reply! It’s good to know that I’m not the only one. I’m going for a meeting with my old school on Tuesday so hopefully that works out 🤞🏻 I’m trying to focus on myself but (as you probably know) it’s quite hard with anxiety!-as I constantly worry about how my decision will affect others. But I’m feeling much more happier now that I’ve started the process of changing colleges. Thanks :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending