The Student Room Group

Medicine/dentistry

I want to become a doctor or a dentist in the future and I am conflicted in what my a levels would be . I certainly want to do chemistry and biology . But for my third I wanted to take business but I'm not so sure because I heard maths or physics would be better . Which would be ok? And could I still do business instead of them two? Does it matter what subject I take as long as my grade is up
Original post by Khalid.900s
I want to become a doctor or a dentist in the future and I am conflicted in what my a levels would be . I certainly want to do chemistry and biology . But for my third I wanted to take business but I'm not so sure because I heard maths or physics would be better . Which would be ok? And could I still do business instead of them two? Does it matter what subject I take as long as my grade is up

Hi, if you want to pursue a career in medicine or dentistry, most if not all unis ask for Biology and Chemistry. So business should be fine
Bio and Chem plus one other is fine. You really need 3 sciences to apply to Cambridge, but every other uni is happy with that.

There is some weak evidence that not having physics or maths correlates with a very slightly worse UCAT and a somewhat worse BMAT, but we do not know what the cause of that is. Just make sure you prepare well.

If you want to do business you should do business.

Quick Reply

Latest