The Student Room Group

LSE postgraduate application

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if someone had some insight into the likelihood of my acceptance on to a LSE postgraduate finance and private equity masters. I am 21 and have studied my accounting and finance degree at my local university teesside university, which is outside the top 20 however I am on course to obtain a 1st, I've averaged 87% which is the highest in the university by any student on any course. I was awarded the Inaugural Hill prize for highest mark in 2nd year throughout the university. I've studied at Harvard University, where I have so far studied two of fourteen courses which make up a management masters. The two courses are venture capital and private equity where I achieved an average GPA of 4.0 and was 1 of only 2 people out of 60 to achieve a 100% mark on a private equity midterm, (remembering I am applying to a finance and private equity masters I thought this would put me in a good position).In terms of my personal statement I do believe it is strong I spent quite a while on it and I am very happy with that. I also have a very strong reference from a senior professor at Harvard University who is also a very well respected venture capitalist in Cambridge Boston and the Silicon Valley area as well as another reference from a senior lecturer at Teesside who is head of the Business school. I also have 2 years relevant work experience at a venture capital fund as an analyst, and three prior years in accounting services elsewhere.I'm quite nervous about this as I know that Teesside is outside the top 20 and other candidates will be very good and standards will be high for this course. Could someone give me some thoughts on if they think I will be accepted.Thanks
Reply 1
smug-alert.jpg

Quick Reply

Latest