The Student Room Group

Can you change driving instructor?

I don’t feel that confident with my current instructor because she seems to hold me back due to my ‘lack of confidence’ which in my opinion, isn’t very good. She won’t want me driving home and I’ve had 8 lessons and feel like I can and should to build up my confidence around other cars instead of doing little streets with perhaps 1 or 2.
Original post by stillcrying
I don’t feel that confident with my current instructor because she seems to hold me back due to my ‘lack of confidence’ which in my opinion, isn’t very good. She won’t want me driving home and I’ve had 8 lessons and feel like I can and should to build up my confidence around other cars instead of doing little streets with perhaps 1 or 2.

Yes, you can change driving instructor.
Yeah....starting to think more and more we need to add a 'Is it ok to say no to a driving instructor?' to the theory test.

I suppose it's odd for teens and likely their first exp hiring someone to work FOR them, but if the quality of training or attitude is crap,well within your rights to get rid of them considering they're basically charging you a graduate rate for the service. Waaaay too many half assed instructors with no real skills out there desperate for repeat bookings.

If you're still crawling around sidestreets after 8 lessons you're not getting a lot of experience for your money :/
I would definitely change.

I think I drove home on lesson 1, (definitely by lesson 2), and whilst it was hair raising to say the least, the only way to build confidence is to drive on normal roads at normal speeds.
Okay so I had a lesson today with the same instructor and I did it all flawlessly and is the confidence I needed. I drove straight from college and did all the driving this time. I got to 60mph which I was really dreading at first but it was quite fun and she said I’m making a lot of progress for having 9 lessons now. I’m going to go on dual carriageways next week and then after that start learning the area where my test is. Is this good progress? Gotta say I was chuffed with today’s lesson and haven’t felt so happy since my first - I didn’t stall or make any massive errors at all today.
(edited 4 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending