Turn on thread page Beta

I am unlucky in love, only had 1 girlfriend in past who I didnt like much and she acted half her age as she was a single child and brought up spoilt.

Im 25 and still single but recently met this girl, shes cute but not that attractive and not very academically intelligent.

But the way she makes me feel makes me want to cry when im not with her, and I get this feeling of calm and niceness in my chest.

I just want to hug her and cry a lot and I know shes really into me, shes told me all her life story, her dad died 5 years ago, shes still a virgin as shes waiting for the right one. etc.

Shes such a sweet girl.

We are unnofficially dating as such as we both really like each other but its quite long distance she only lives about 50 miles away but neither of us have cars.

Hence why we arent officially dating yet.

Only negative is I suffer from bad depression and so I am negative, and shes the sort of girl guys and other girls make fun of as shes not traditonally attractive, wears jeans and has messy hair and big glasses and is easy to make fun of as she doesnt understand many punchlines.

But in the spur of the moment I really really like her.

And if she was traditionally pretty I would be too nervous around her.

I want something in between lol

I have never felt this way about anyone before so im confused.

ReputationRep:
    You want us to tell you if you love this girl? I think you know you do, you don't need us to tell you something we have no idea about.

The fact you keep going on about her looks seems odd though.

Awwwww.

ReputationRep:
    Agree with poison donna, I don't think the internet is the place to discover if you're in love. Also, searching for someone who looks average is pretty much just as bad searching for someone whos beautiful and only going for them on that basis, I'm not saying you're doing this, but 'is easy to make fun off'. You make fun of people continually when you like them? Perhaps that would explain your previous lack of relationships.

Its insecurities as I say I am not the best looking guy out there and some people have made awful comments on it in past, and my ex wasnt a looker either and had nasty comments on that.

Its that I would feel more comfortable with a better looking outgoing girl but feel like I have settled for this other though I know I havent thats how I feel in a way.

If she was "prettier" id be saying some other negative thing about her as I love being alone and hate being alone though thats not why im going out with her.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    But the way she makes me feel makes me want to cry when im not with her
    Sounds like love to me.

(Original post by Constante)
    Agree with poison donna, I don't think the internet is the place to discover if you're in love. Also, searching for someone who looks average is pretty much just as bad searching for someone whos beautiful and only going for them on that basis, I'm not saying you're doing this, but 'is easy to make fun off'. You make fun of people continually when you like them? Perhaps that would explain your previous lack of relationships.
    I never said that I meant shes the type others make fun of. I wouldnt make fun of her at all.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not even gonna bother reading your post, OP, and just remind you that you are asking an online forum if you're in love.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I feel sorry for that girl. Imagine she could read your post- you say she isn't attractive. Sexual attraction DOES matter- I could not be with someone who didn't find me attractive, no matter how much they proclaimed to like my personality.

(Original post by saoirse)
    To be honest I feel sorry for that girl. Imagine she could read your post- you say she isn't attractive. Sexual attraction DOES matter- I could not be with someone who didn't find me attractive, no matter how much they proclaimed to like my personality.
    I never said she wasnt attractive, I said not very attractive at least in the general sense, I think she has a lovely smile, fantastic figure, nice eyes shes just not attractive in the sense she makes much effort to do her hair, or dress up or such.

(Original post by rummang)
    I'm not even gonna bother reading your post, OP, and just remind you that you are asking an online forum if you're in love.
    And? why wont you read the post.

What is so strange about asking people who may have experiences of love?

ReputationRep:
    do you really need to ask?

ReputationRep:
    I think if you have to ask, you're probably not.

ReputationRep:
    Theres too much indecision for that to be called love plus its way to early to know...at the moment I'd just say you really care and like her.Just make the effort and see where it takes you

(Original post by DamnitJanet)
    I think if you have to ask, you're probably not.
    Why do you say that? as I havent experienced it before I have nothing to go on apart from conflicting ideas from different people what love is.

ReputationRep:
    Love is over rated and hyped up.

If you like being with her, just spend time with her, don't bother thinking if you are in love or not, in the long term it doesn't matter.

You don't need an hormonal imbalance dictating your life.

ReputationRep:
    I would agree. It's such an intense, pleasurable feeling that you just know you are or not. Maybe everyone experiences it differently though

ReputationRep:
    I think it's always best to presume yes, and if it turns out otherwise, you can always hate.

Live by the moment and the extremes of it. Don't become stale.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.