The Student Room Group

Conservatoires and University

I have a place to read Music at a university in 2020 ( I applied for deferred entry last year) but I would now like to consider a place at a Conservatoire. Am I able to apply for a Conservatoire and keep my university place?
Original post by ben.alexander
I have a place to read Music at a university in 2020 ( I applied for deferred entry last year) but I would now like to consider a place at a Conservatoire. Am I able to apply for a Conservatoire and keep my university place?

Hi @ben.alexander

You can apply for private institutions whilst holding a place at another university, providing that you apply directly and not through UCAS. (Although most applications for conservatiores aren't made through UCAS anyway)

Hope this helps.

Dom :h:
To apply for most conservatoires, you need to apply though UCAS Conservatoires. I'm fairly sure you won't be able to do this whilst holding a confirmed place. Guildhall has a separate process, so you could apply there, however the deadline for music courses at conservatoires has passed, it's before oxbridge/med students even put theirs in.
If you did choose to apply, you would need to contact the conservatoires and ask if they have any spaces/auditions left for your instrument. It's also worth checking whether you can apply through conservatoires with a place in normal ucas.
What do you play?
Original post by remussjhj01
To apply for most conservatoires, you need to apply though UCAS Conservatoires. I'm fairly sure you won't be able to do this whilst holding a confirmed place. Guildhall has a separate process, so you could apply there, however the deadline for music courses at conservatoires has passed, it's before oxbridge/med students even put theirs in.
If you did choose to apply, you would need to contact the conservatoires and ask if they have any spaces/auditions left for your instrument. It's also worth checking whether you can apply through conservatoires with a place in normal ucas.
What do you play?

I've already contacted some conservatoires and they're accepting late submissions so I'm not worried about that. I'm a countertenor and composer. I'm hoping to get in contact with my old school and see if they can help with the UCAS side of things

Quick Reply

Latest