Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Im sort of worried right now, i work as a cashier at tescos. some guy bought some potatoes and then asked to change 200 quid worth of tens into twenties, i counted out some twenties and gave it to him, he then asked to change one of the twenties into 20p coins, i told him i couldnt do that so he asked for the tens back, he gave me the twenties but i didnt count them, and handed him back the original 200 quid he gave in tens. I didnt realise until afterwards that it was pretty stupid asking for a £20 to be changed into 20p's. Or maybe im just being paranoid.

Do you think i should tell my manager tommmorow morning or keep my mouth shut, and how much trouble do you think i could get into if i did get conned?

ReputationRep:
    You should tell your manager as soon as possible, I think you just got conned.

Although, if there isn't a security camera over your till and theres no way of finding out it was you at the till then I would take the risk

ReputationRep:
    lol

ReputationRep:
    I'd keep my mouth shut! You could be in for a *******ing Will they be able to find out it was you if they realise ?

ReputationRep:
    if i did that, i don't think i would've told my manager... but then again, i'm not much of a good guy myself ^^ . i think you should tell your manager the whole thing, though i'm quite sure you'll get into some trouble. still, i'd imagine it'd be a load of your chest... just imagine how you'd like to look back on this in the long term and see if you'd make the right decision

ReputationRep:
    ahahaha I used to work at tesco, you're safe trust me. But you're silly.

Speak to your manager, tell him/her you're worried you screwed up. They already know if the till is down and they've already checked the cameras if it is. They don't sack for one occasion of till down you have to do it more than once, and even then they ask if you have problems at home etc before sacking you.

ReputationRep:
    I don't see the con?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Epic Win)
    I don't see the con?
    i ddnt count the money when he gave it back to me, he might of given me the wrong amount.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by dingdong_malice)
    i ddnt count the money when he gave it back to me, he might of given me the wrong amount.
    I see...
    I'd come clean, they make millions every week, i dont think they'll care really.

ReputationRep:
    Don't feel too bad - at least this didn't happen to you.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 13, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.