The Student Room Group

GSK apprenticeship 2020 applicants

Hey, I just wanted to start a thread about GSK apprenticeships for those who want to exchange information or whatnot.

If you have applied then please detail what stage you are at and everyone can help each other out

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey,I've submitted my application, the last task was the Life Assesment.I applied like 28~ days ago, but they're taking quite a long time. Is this common? or should I somehow contact GSK?
Original post by erwqrw
Hey,I've submitted my application, the last task was the Life Assesment.I applied like 28~ days ago, but they're taking quite a long time. Is this common? or should I somehow contact GSK?

Yeah same for me. I applied 3-4 weeks ago too but haven’t heard anything yet but I was successful on the online assessment as I got an email for that.

They said it would take a “few weeks” for them to review the whole process so I’d say wait until the end of the 1st week of January or something and message them then if they do not contact you.

By the way, which apprenticeship did you apply for? It’s very difficult to find people on The Student Room who are doing or have applied for the apprenticeship
Reply 3
Original post by User135792468
Yeah same for me. I applied 3-4 weeks ago too but haven’t heard anything yet but I was successful on the online assessment as I got an email for that.

They said it would take a “few weeks” for them to review the whole process so I’d say wait until the end of the 1st week of January or something and message them then if they do not contact you.

By the way, which apprenticeship did you apply for? It’s very difficult to find people on The Student Room who are doing or have applied for the apprenticeship

I chose the Data Science degree apprenticeship. What about you?
Did you also get emailed regarding the success of your video interview or no?
Original post by erwqrw

I chose laboratory science (biology). I only got 1 email saying I was successful but that was before the video interview. After I finished the video interview I just got an email saying they will review the whole process and get back to me in a few weeks.
Reply 5
I chose laboratory science (biology). I only got 1 email saying I was successful but that was before the video interview. After I finished the video interview I just got an email saying they will review the whole process and get back to me in a few weeks.

Same here. Well, hopefully, all goes well for us and everyone else applying. I'll come back when they update me...
Reply 6
Original post by erwqrw

Hi, I have also applied for Data Science - just wanted to ask you a few questions if that's okay; during the online interview how many are video questions, are there any mathematical questions, are the questions scenario-based and how many questions are there in total?

I would greatly appreciate it if you could get back to me soon - many thanks :smile:
Original post by erwqrw
I don't remember 100% what the video application was like, however, I'll try my best to remember what came up.
I was given 3-4 tables and 1 email for a question - one question was actually like 5 sub-questions e.g. 1a, 1b, 1c, 1d, etc -, did require some mathematical thinking but it was quite easy to take out relevant information.
There was a question on formulating an email to a colleague. Some multi-choice and rearranging questions regarding specific scenarios - personal choice so that GSK can see your character. Finally, 1 or 2 video questions (2-4 minutes of speaking time given) just asking about your character and your suitability to the course.
Sorry, I didn't go in-depth, I just don't fully recall the questions but I gave you a slight heads up of what's to come. I'd say that you should look over the feedback report emailed to you by GSK and to take your time as some questions don't have a specific time to them in.
Good Luck!

Yeah you just about covered it all. But the person who asked the question shouldn’t be afraid because they give time to prepare for video answers and the maths is pretty simple. I had to work out a percentage of something. Overall there was only like 3-4 sub questions on maths.

The thing I’m worried about is the “video interview” because it’s an interview and I just did it with my t shirt in my bedroom, were we supposed to get dressed up and presentable?
Reply 8
Same here, I wore a polo or a shirt in my room, pretty sure we needed to look smart and what you'd wear if you were to work for GSK. The interview itself I think went preety good - hopefully I don't jinx it now.
Original post by erwqrw
Same here, I wore a polo or a shirt in my room, pretty sure we needed to look smart and what you'd wear if you were to work for GSK. The interview itself I think went preety good - hopefully I don't jinx it now.

Oh well hopefully they just look at our personal skills then. To be honest I don’t think they mind what we wear because if we are successful they’re going to call us in and Interview us 1 to 1 in the assessment centre.

I also had work experience at GSK for a week and all the workers were wearing relaxed clothes (obviously not tracksuits) but they were all wearing normal everyday clothing, even the department leader were just wearing a casual outfit so I think we should be fine
Still no response. I wonder how long it is going to take since they said it would take a “few weeks” but it has been over 5 weeks for me
Reply 11
Still no response. I wonder how long it is going to take since they said it would take a “few weeks” but it has been over 5 weeks for me

Hmmm same here, hopefully they get back soon. Getting kind of worried if I'm honest.
Original post by erwqrw
Hmmm same here, hopefully they get back soon. Getting kind of worried if I'm honest.

I just checked the apprenticeship application website and it says that the assessment centre dates are in March so that means we probably won’t hear from them for like 2 months until just before. Also applications close at end of January so I don’t think they’ll start offering places until all applications are in
I would like to apply for the Supply Chain and Business role, has anyone got any tips for me regarding the online assessment, does it need to be done in one go? Is it hard? Any sneak previews someone can help with?? Thank you!!
Original post by Doni2444
I would like to apply for the Supply Chain and Business role, has anyone got any tips for me regarding the online assessment, does it need to be done in one go? Is it hard? Any sneak previews someone can help with?? Thank you!!

I see that we are doing different apprenticeships so keep in mind that your questions will probably be different but I have messaged you very detailed multiple paragraphs which should help and guide you through the way.

Online application form = Easy
1st Online assessment = Intermediate
Life job simulation = Hard to some extent
Assessment centre = haven’t been invited yet but sounds really hard

Remember to research many things linked to your role. If they ask why this position and why GSK you need to have good answers.

You can do the assessments whenever you want but ideally you should submit your applications ASAP before the due date of 20th of January. I think you do have to do it in one go since some questions interlink and you will be confused if you split it. Remember once you start it you have unlimited time to finish it (apart from the times video responses) so you can do it as slowly as you want according to your need.

Apart from that most information is in the private message I sent you
when do you guys expect we will get our results from the video interviews
Original post by Markianb12
when do you guys expect we will get our results from the video interviews

Up to a month after 20th January
is 20th of January deadline
Original post by Markianb12
is 20th of January deadline

Yeah that is the deadline for the application
Yeah that is the deadline for the application

did u apply for business and supply chain degree apprenticeship at Brentford