Afroguy
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Bismahghafoor470)
Anyone heard back regarding the assessment centres yet?
Nah, but I applied quite late so I'm still hopeful! When did you apply??
User135792468
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by Bismahghafoor470)
Anyone heard back regarding the assessment centres yet?
I haven’t heard back from them but the last email I got said they would respond no later than at least two weeks before the assessment date in March, the email also stated that we would receive a response if we were unsuccessful.

The things I do know is that the assessment centre date is definitely in March and I read other threads from a couple of years ago which stated that the assessment date is usually around 14-15 March so I’m guessing GSK are going to reply sooner or later. If for some reason the assessment date is at the end of March then the latest date they can respond to us is 17/03/20 but realistically they should respond within next week (assuming they don’t work weekends).

I know I’m overcomplicating it and relying too much on this apprenticeship but I really want, so much so, that I’ve started to not want it due to the long waiting time. Let’s also not forget we are waiting for a response but after our assessment centre interview we will wait for another long period before they give offers or reject people.
Bismahghafoor470
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Afroguy)
Nah, but I applied quite late so I'm still hopeful! When did you apply??
I applied almost a month ago
mamasaywhatnow
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I applied mid December so it's lowkey stressing me out waiting this long, my 2 min video interview things did NOT go well so I'm currently doubting I got a place at the assessment centre
User135792468
Rep:
?
I applied at the start of December so I have been waiting for nearly 3 months. Every once in a while they send me an email saying they’re still reviewing me. I have a feeling they should respond next week
User135792468
Rep:
?
I got invited for an interview at the Stevenage site
Sky06
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by User135792468)
I got invited to Stevenage as well for 16th March. When is yours?
User135792468
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sky06)
I got invited to Stevenage as well for 16th March. When is yours?
11 March and I picked the 12:45-17:15 time slot
mamasaywhatnow
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anyone got an interview for 12th March in the morning?
Elpresi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
I still havent heard back from them even though i applied around the same time as you. Do you think it could be because I applied to the Brentford site? And around what time did you receive the email?
Sky06
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Elpresi)
I still havent heard back from them even though i applied around the same time as you. Do you think it could be because I applied to the Brentford site? And around what time did you receive the email?
I initially applied for data science at Brentford and received a call from a GSK recruitment person a few days ago - she said something about data science being a new apprenticeship at Brentford and that assessment days won't be held there. So she asked if I would mind switching to a different location - hence I got invited to the assessment centre at Stevenage. I received a confirmation email about 2 days ago I think.
User135792468
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by Elpresi)
You could always email the recruitment team. Did you not receive any emails from GSK? Maybe you entered the wrong email. I regularly got emails saying my application was still being reviewed and about 2 days ago they sent me an email saying I’m invited to the assessment centre
Elpresi
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
You could always email the recruitment team. Did you not receive any emails from GSK? Maybe you entered the wrong email. I regularly got emails saying my application was still being reviewed and about 2 days ago they sent me an email saying I’m invited to the assessment centre
Yeah they emailed me too at the start if february saying that they are in the process of reviewing my application. I think its because i applied for the business, supply chain apprenticeship. Who knows. I think ill call them tomorrow just in case. Good luck on your assessment centres guys
User135792468
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
What are your presentations about?

The task was to do something you’re passionate about.

I did pain killers
Sky06
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
What are your presentations about?

The task was to do something you’re passionate about.

I did pain killers
I got the same question. But I haven't decided what to talk about yet.
User135792468
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I thought the assessment centre went quite well in Stevenage for the biology role. There was 12 people for 5 positions. I could easily see 1-2 weak candidates however the rest were quite strong and I fear I have a lot of competition.

They will let me know by next week Friday if I am accepted in. Hopefully I get in and I will let you all know if I hear a response
Sky06
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I thought the assessment centre went quite well in Stevenage for the biology role. There was 12 people for 5 positions. I could easily see 1-2 weak candidates however the rest were quite strong and I fear I have a lot of competition.

They will let me know by next week Friday if I am accepted in. Hopefully I get in and I will let you all know if I hear a response
Good luck!! Hopefully you get the position you applied for
User135792468
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 weeks ago
I got accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Signing the contract in the upcoming 1-2 weeks
mamasaywhatnow
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Congratulations!!! That's really good news
Sky06
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Congratulations! Wishing you the best of luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Regarding Ofqual's most recent update, do you think you will be given a fair grade this summer?

Yes (290)
34.16%
No (559)
65.84%

Watched Threads