Pyropower
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hi all,

I am looking at studying Paramedic Science and have been looking around at universities. I see that a number of them are endorsed by the College of Paramedics.

I was just wondering what this really entails and if I were to study on a course that is not endorsed is this going to effect my future employment prospects within the various ambulance trusts across the UK?

Thank you all for reading
THS2018
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
HCPC approved and college of paramedic approved courses gives you a much better chance of employment. This is because you are able to be registered/insured under the professional board, aiding you through your career. I would be weary of non approved courses.
Pyropower
Rep:
?
Ahh okay so they say at the end you will be able to register with the HCPC as a paramedic but the college of paramedics approval carries a fair amount of clout with it as well?
THS2018
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
HCPC is the priority one, college of paramedics just aids your case if you can get it. Not sure if they have approved courses for the college of paramedics.
aimzy789
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Hey,
Which universities are you applying for?
Pyropower
Rep:
?
(Original post by aimzy789)
Hey,
Which universities are you applying for?
Well the one I am looking at that isn't college of paramedics approved is Staffordshire.
Otherwise probably UCLAN and Northampton are good looking ones to me
Staffordshire University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Pyropower)
Well the one I am looking at that isn't college of paramedics approved is Staffordshire.
Otherwise probably UCLAN and Northampton are good looking ones to me
Hi Pyropower
Thanks for considering Staffs. I'll pass your question onto our Paramedic Science course leader to get some advice/information for you on your question.
Thanks, ^SK
Staffordshire University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Pyropower)
Hi all,

I am looking at studying Paramedic Science and have been looking around at universities. I see that a number of them are endorsed by the College of Paramedics.

I was just wondering what this really entails and if I were to study on a course that is not endorsed is this going to effect my future employment prospects within the various ambulance trusts across the UK?

Thank you all for reading
Hi Pyropower

Our Paramedic Science Course Leader has come back with some information for you:

"The key criteria for employment is the ability to be registered with the HCPC. Provided that the course is validated by the HCPC, which Staffordshire’s course is, you would be eligible to join the HCPC register and therefore practice as a paramedic in any ambulance service throughout the country. All of our graduates are eligible to register as paramedics and we have an excellent employment record with ambulance services throughout the country."

If you need any more advice, feel free to contact [email protected] or come along to one of our open days in the new year.

Best wishes, ^SK
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (41)
18.39%
No one else does (73)
32.74%
I'm embarrassed about my background (22)
9.87%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (75)
33.63%
We don't use a video platform (3)
1.35%
I don't have a camera (4)
1.79%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
2.24%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed