haha126
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
(Original post by Kenansadhu)
That's great! Have you gotten to the Chevening interview stage yet?
Not yet, it still shows under review Did you also apply to this scholarship? any progress now?
natashapiggott23
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi,

Has anyone heard back from the Mphil in Education (critical approaches to children’s literature)?
EduEnthusiast
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hi guys, just a small update here. My status moved to GAO today. Has anyone's changed too? Keeping my fingers crossed for all of you!
doornroosje123
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Mine did two days ago! Now waiting for the official confirmation
laapata1988
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago
Hello everyone.Congratulations to all those who have received acceptances already. I applied for the PhD in Education on 3rd Dec. Completed my MPhil at the same Faculty in 2016, though have applied with a different supervisor now.Haven't yet heard back and am losing hope by the second, lol. Are people still getting interview calls? If one hasn't received one yet, does that mean an unsuccessful application :-/
natashapiggott23
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
I emailed last week regarding the Education Mphil in Children’s Lit and they said they are interviewing again on the 27th of feb so all decisions will be made after then
jillybean06
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by natashapiggott23)
I emailed last week regarding the Education Mphil in Children’s Lit and they said they are interviewing again on the 27th of feb so all decisions will be made after then
May I ask if that’s per the Grad Office or someone else?

I was told today my interview won’t be til the end of march, after the point when my external funding requires proof of admission. Feeling a bit defeated at the moment.
laapata1988
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by jillybean06)

I was told today my interview won’t be til the end of march, after the point when my external funding requires proof of admission. Feeling a bit defeated at the moment.
Yeah I was told the same :-/. I think it's a tad unfair that we applied within the funding deadline to not be considered at least. If we didn't get funding and/or admission on our own merit, that would be something different. But to not even be ranked due to delay in processing applications seems like an inherently flawed process.
natashapiggott23
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by jillybean06)

That was from the Grad office on Thursday. I can imagine, I’ve been waiting since the start of December and I’m getting so impatient to know the answer! It seems like we’re all in the same boat so I wouldn’t take it as a bad sign.
alinanoon
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
Hi there!

Has anyone heard from the Ed department on whether or not they were nominated for funding? I'm not sure if I should ask or wait it out and see if I get an email or something...
dabadidabadi
Rep:
?
Report 1 day ago
As far as I know, the Education Faculty does not tell people whether they are nominated unless you ask, so it's unlikely you'll receive an email... I'm at GAO since last week and not sure yet whether I'll reach out if given an offer! We'll see...
HA2020
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 hours ago
Cambridge- MPhil Education- Globalization and International Development (EGID)

I am new to this forum so have a few questions, appreciate your feedback.
I am an international student, applied to MPhil in Edu- Globalization and Int'l Dev. below is the timeline:
Application submitted: Dec 3rd
Interview: Jan 22nd
Waiting for AGO approval: roughly Feb 12
no updates so far:

so here are questions:
1. how likely it is for me to get rejected at this stage?
2. I intend to bring my family - my wife and three kids. so wondering about the housing options
3. Does Cambridge Trust provide full tuition scholarship and maintenance for international students? I read somewhere that CT scholarships are for home fees only? anyone can confirm this?

any ideas and help will be appreciate. apologies as I have a couple of questions

thanks
doornroosje123
Rep:
?
Report 13 hours ago
(Original post by laapata1988)
Hello everyone.Congratulations to all those who have received acceptances already. I applied for the PhD in Education on 3rd Dec. Completed my MPhil at the same Faculty in 2016, though have applied with a different supervisor now.Haven't yet heard back and am losing hope by the second, lol. Are people still getting interview calls? If one hasn't received one yet, does that mean an unsuccessful application :-/
Hi Laapata, did you already heard something? I received my conditional offer for a PhD in Education yesterday.
laapata1988
Rep:
?
Report 12 hours ago
(Original post by doornroosje123)
Hi Laapata, did you already heard something? I received my conditional offer for a PhD in Education yesterday.
Many congratulations! I haven't heard back yet but was told my supervisor is still reviewing applications as they are pretty occupied. If you don't mind me asking, when did your interview take place, if you had one?
doornroosje123
Rep:
?
Report 12 hours ago
(Original post by laapata1988)
Many congratulations! I haven't heard back yet but was told my supervisor is still reviewing applications as they are pretty occupied. If you don't mind me asking, when did your interview take place, if you had one?
Thank you! I am happy to hear you have had some news. I did not had an interview, as I had met my potential supervisor already November last year at the Open Day. So I think that was sort of an informal interview. And I had a phone call at the beginning of the application procedure.
threeportdrift
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 hours ago
(Original post by HA2020)
Cambridge- MPhil Education- Globalization and International Development (EGID)

I am new to this forum so have a few questions, appreciate your feedback.
I am an international student, applied to MPhil in Edu- Globalization and Int'l Dev. below is the timeline:
Application submitted: Dec 3rd
Interview: Jan 22nd
Waiting for AGO approval: roughly Feb 12
no updates so far:

so here are questions:
1. how likely it is for me to get rejected at this stage?
2. I intend to bring my family - my wife and three kids. so wondering about the housing options
3. Does Cambridge Trust provide full tuition scholarship and maintenance for international students? I read somewhere that CT scholarships are for home fees only? anyone can confirm this?

any ideas and help will be appreciate. apologies as I have a couple of questions

thanks
Very unlikely to get rejected once you've got to the GAO.

It's unusual to bring family for an MPhil and I suspect few if any Colleges will be able to offer accommodation. Couples accommodation is limited, accommodation for 2+ rarer, accommodation for 2+3 rarer still and PhDs will get priority. So you will be looking for private accommodation in all likelihood. The University Accommodation Service is the first stop. If your wife is working, then you might get away with getting onto the non-student market. If you can drive, then looking at Cambourne might be more cost effective than Cambridge. Also, do you have schooling needs?
HA2020
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 minutes ago
Thanks for the information on this.

Yes I do have schooling needs for my kids. I will need to bring family with me although it’s a shorter duration so will have to find housing somewhere affordable which is still within the distance limit.

Thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (362)
66.91%
No (179)
33.09%

Watched Threads