The Student Room Group

Politics, philosophy and law

I’m new on TSR and it doesn’t make much sense to me, all the posts seem to be really old ?!?!

But anyway I was wondering if anyone’s applied for PPL at KCL for 2020, what you’re predicted and if anyone has had any offers yet ??

I’ll start haha I’m predicted A*A*A in English lit, psych and drama and an A in an EPQ. I’ve applied for PPL @ KCL, and then straight law at LSE, UCL, KCL and Westminster.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hii, I've applied for PPL at KCL (waiting), Law and Politics at Cardiff (offer) and Liverpool (offer) and Law with international legal studies at Leeds (offer). I also applied for Law at Oxford but was rejected. I'm predicted A* A* A* in RS, Sociology and Government and Politics.
KCL is my top choice, but I'm quite worried now because my friend emailed the director of the KCL PPL course and he said it's 10 applicants per spot and I've heard that there's only like 20 spaces for this course.
Original post by DylanArlo
I’m new on TSR and it doesn’t make much sense to me, all the posts seem to be really old ?!?!

But anyway I was wondering if anyone’s applied for PPL at KCL for 2020, what you’re predicted and if anyone has had any offers yet ??

I’ll start haha I’m predicted A*A*A in English lit, psych and drama and an A in an EPQ. I’ve applied for PPL @ KCL, and then straight law at LSE, UCL, KCL and Westminster.

One other person mentioned applying for the PPL course recently on the Law offers thread, but unfortunately they got given an alternative offer for History instead. It is extremely competitive and most applicants are going to have A*AA as an absolute minimum.

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6187460

You may also be interested in this thread

https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=6258358
(edited 4 years ago)
Hi I’m applying for ppl at kings but waiting on an offer lol. I’m predicted A*A*A in history politics and religion. I’ve also applied for law at Bristol law with politics Manchester and queens (Belfast)
I have an offer from Warwick PPL and an offer from Manchester Law with Politics.
Has anyone got an offer or know when the offers will be out
Reply 6
I do believe last year there were 28 enrolled in total according to the stats from King’s.

I am predicted A*AA*A in Maths, Business, Economics and a further language (I’m bilingual) but I reckon I am likely getting rejected, doing awful in my LNAT, due to take it tomorrow and I’m still stumped and swamped... hope you guys get an offer, good luck :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by Caitlin5505
Has anyone got an offer or know when the offers will be out

According to the offers issued in the previous years, most were given after the deadline of 15th of January. Only a few (single handed) were given in December.

Be patient. Have faith. It will come to you, good luck :smile:
(edited 4 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Aye5ha
Hii, I've applied for PPL at KCL (waiting), Law and Politics at Cardiff (offer) and Liverpool (offer) and Law with international legal studies at Leeds (offer). I also applied for Law at Oxford but was rejected. I'm predicted A* A* A* in RS, Sociology and Government and Politics.
KCL is my top choice, but I'm quite worried now because my friend emailed the director of the KCL PPL course and he said it's 10 applicants per spot and I've heard that there's only like 20 spaces for this course.

7E4A2DCA-29B2-4017-AD71-517DDA911C1B.jpg.jpeg
This is the enrolment stats from King’s in last year. As you can see it says 28 enrolled in total for the PPL. You have an outstanding predicted (presumably as the rest of applicants), as I’m sure you’d handled your LNAT fairly well since you study three essay-based subjects, just wait and see when it comes! Good luck to you :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Mendaxc
7E4A2DCA-29B2-4017-AD71-517DDA911C1B.jpg.jpeg
This is the enrolment stats from King’s in last year. As you can see it says 28 enrolled in total for the PPL. You have an outstanding predicted (presumably as the rest of applicants), as I’m sure you’d handled your LNAT fairly well since you study three essay-based subjects, just wait and see when it comes! Good luck to you :smile:

Thanks !
Just got an offer today
Just got an offer today

Hi guys I’m just wondering would a legal firm prefer a straight law degree or ppl. I’m scared in case doing ppl would limit my job opportunities and I can’t find much information on it since it’s such a new degree
Reply 12
Just got an offer today

Congrats!! If you don’t mind me asking what were your stats and when did you apply? Xx
Original post by Aye5ha
Congrats!! If you don’t mind me asking what were your stats and when did you apply? Xx

Thanks! Do you mean grades by stats lol ? I’m predicted 2A* 1A in politics religion and history. I applied about a week and a half ago I think it was the 6th of December xx
Reply 14
Thanks! Do you mean grades by stats lol ? I’m predicted 2A* 1A in politics religion and history. I applied about a week and a half ago I think it was the 6th of December xx

That’s great thanks ! I applied on the 11th of October and still haven’t heard anything 🥶 I’m stressing myself out by thinking my GCSEs are dragging me down and I have no idea how much KCL takes them into consideration. If it’s not too much, may I ask you what you got in your GCSEs ? Sorry I feel kinda annoying for asking you so much 😅 xx
Original post by Aye5ha
That’s great thanks ! I applied on the 11th of October and still haven’t heard anything 🥶 I’m stressing myself out by thinking my GCSEs are dragging me down and I have no idea how much KCL takes them into consideration. If it’s not too much, may I ask you what you got in your GCSEs ? Sorry I feel kinda annoying for asking you so much 😅 xx

It’s okay lol I got 5A*s 5As, I don’t really know how much consideration they place on gcses but they would probably place a lot more on predicted grades. You’ll hear back soon don’t worry xx
Reply 16
It’s okay lol I got 5A*s 5As, I don’t really know how much consideration they place on gcses but they would probably place a lot more on predicted grades. You’ll hear back soon don’t worry xx

okay, thank youu!
Anyone else heard back ?
Reply 18
Anyone else heard back ?

nope :/
apparently they've closed for Christmas today, so people most probably wont hear decisions till early jan again
Reply 19
Just got my offer !!! I’m so happy I can’t quite believe it haha

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending