Leannegx17
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I had my interview at Bradford University for Midwifery on Monday and just been told that they have not rejected my application but instead they have put it on hold and added me to a waiting list. They have also said they should be able to let me know by the end of March if they can offer me a place.

I had the same response from Sheffield Hallam after my interview too a couple of weeks ago 😔

Sooo my question is, has anybody been put on hold before after interview and ended up getting a place?! I've just lost all hope now haha.

I've done my Access to HE course, got the required grades already, had the experience as a MSW on labour ward and the birth centre... I am just soo desperate to finally be able to say i'm going to be a student Midwife!

I suppose I will just have to be patient.
AS92X
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My friend was put on hold at UCLAN and got a place. And she had no clinical experience. Good luck xx
Leannegx17
Rep:
?
(Original post by AS92X)
My friend was put on hold at UCLAN and got a place. And she had no clinical experience. Good luck xx
Ah thank you!! A little bit of hope then xx
kanako231
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Leannegx17)
I had my interview at Bradford University for Midwifery on Monday and just been told that they have not rejected my application but instead they have put it on hold and added me to a waiting list. They have also said they should be able to let me know by the end of March if they can offer me a place.

I had the same response from Sheffield Hallam after my interview too a couple of weeks ago 😔

Sooo my question is, has anybody been put on hold before after interview and ended up getting a place?! I've just lost all hope now haha.

I've done my Access to HE course, got the required grades already, had the experience as a MSW on labour ward and the birth centre... I am just soo desperate to finally be able to say i'm going to be a student Midwife!

How do you get put on hold from bradford uni pretty sure their entry requirements are non existent.
Leannegx17
Rep:
?
(Original post by kanako231)
How do you get put on hold from bradford uni pretty sure their entry requirements are non existent.
They explained to everyone at the end of the interview that as it is a really competitive course (way more applicants than places) people will with be accepted or rejected, then a group of people may be put on 'hold' until the other interview dates have been completed so that it's fair on everyone applying.
Sheffield Hallam University
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Hi Leannegx17,

We hope your interview experience went well and that you enjoyed it! Did you get to visit our Collegiate campus where you would be based?

As you have said previously, Midwifery is a very competitive course with limited spaces, so many people will be in a similar situation to you and you will just have to be patient until you hear back from either university. It sounds like you have the appropriate experience under your belt, so good luck and stay positive!

Let me know if you have any questions about the course, studying at Hallam or student life in Sheffield!

- Ella
Leannegx17
Rep:
?
(Original post by Sheffield Hallam University)
Hi Leannegx17,

We hope your interview experience went well and that you enjoyed it! Did you get to visit our Collegiate campus where you would be based?

As you have said previously, Midwifery is a very competitive course with limited spaces, so many people will be in a similar situation to you and you will just have to be patient until you hear back from either university. It sounds like you have the appropriate experience under your belt, so good luck and stay positive!

Let me know if you have any questions about the course, studying at Hallam or student life in Sheffield!

- Ella
Hi Ella

It was a great day I really enjoyed it everyone was so lovely! Only briefly (as in, the rooms in which we sat and waiting/had our group activities and one to ones) but it seemed really nice.

Thank you, I am trying my best to be patient (and struggling already haha!) but hopefully the wait will be worth it and if not I will just have to try again the year after ( )
Sheffield Hallam University
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi Ella

It was a great day I really enjoyed it everyone was so lovely! Only briefly (as in, the rooms in which we sat and waiting/had our group activities and one to ones) but it seemed really nice.

Thank you, I am trying my best to be patient (and struggling already haha!) but hopefully the wait will be worth it and if not I will just have to try again the year after ( )
I'm glad you enjoyed the day and that you got a bit of a feel for the Collegiate campus.

It's hard to be patient when you aware of your friends and other people receiving offers, but try not to let this affect you - be optimistic and focus on the present, you have got this far! Well done on achieving the grades you needed on the HE course btw!

You're right, if you don't get on this year it just wasn't your time - perseverance is key! Good luck with everything

- Ella
Charlotte's Web
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Waiting lists are fairly standard for nursing courses. The good news is that they like your application and do want you on the course.

Once the interviews are done, applicants will choose their firm and insurance offers (which usually frees up some spaces) and then you'll also get applicants who fail to meet their offer or withdraw.

Unfortunately there is little you can do other than wait at the moment, however if you don't get the response you want, you can always consider Clearing as a second chance option. It's likely you would do well in this as you know you're at the standard required.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Jan '20
  • SOAS University of London
    Development Studies, Interdisciplinary Studies, Anthropology and Sociology, Languages, Cultures and Linguistics, Arts, Economics, Law, History, Religions and Philosophies, Politics and International Studies, Finance and Management, East Asian Languages & Cultures Postgraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20
  • University of Huddersfield
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 25 Jan '20

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (42)
27.63%
1 (24)
15.79%
2 (26)
17.11%
3 (20)
13.16%
4 (9)
5.92%
5 (14)
9.21%