Turn on thread page Beta

Me and my boss have always got on extremely well, but yesterday he admitted that he really fancied me. He told me that whenever he touches me, he goes weak and that he can't stop thinking about me. I was shocked, but I didn't know what to say. I told him that I liked him too but not in the same way, and he told me not to worry and that he was probably just being silly, but I know that he was really hurt. Afterwards I was thinking about it and now I don't know what to do, I really, really do like him, and sometimes he makes me feel the same way as I make him. I spent the whole night worrying about it, as I'm so scared that I may now have ruined our relationship. He's much older than me, and I know that nothing should ever happen between us, and I needed to tell him that I didn't feel the same way, but now I'm more confused than ever because I think I do. I really don't want to hurt him, as he is such a wonderful man, but I'm scared that the damage may have already been done.
    Please offer me some advice on what to do next, as I am so confused.

Thank you.

ReputationRep:
    he just wants in your pants

ReputationRep:
    Whats the age diff if you dont mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    If you want a wage increase, you know what to do.

ReputationRep:
    i wouldnt go for anything, keep in mind tht if it goes badly after a while, your job is at stake.

ReputationRep:
    Don't mix business with pleasure.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    (Original post by Salmon)
    Don't mix business with pleasure.
    good advice!

ReputationRep:
    i read the first two lines and imediatly thought "ugh creep"

ReputationRep:
    If you've got co-workers, its likely they'll put you under a lot of stress if you tell them, like, they might call you 'names' for being close with your boss. So if you decide you will be with him, dont be too surprised if it happens.

ReputationRep:
    It is not your fault that your boss felt hurt. It is important that you make the right decision instead of just doing the "right" thing to make sure your boss feels "happy" all the time. What you should do now is to give yourself and your boss some time and see how things go. Continue with your job and work professionally.

ReputationRep:
    Lead him on and get a better job?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mastermind`)
    If you want a wage increase, you know what to do.

:yep::ditto:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by __WiZaRD__)
    Whats the age diff if you dont mind me asking?
    Why? Is it relevant?

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing taboo about dating your boss, y'know...

ReputationRep:
    dont listen to the people telling you to lead him on for a promotion lol!!

it depends on what you stand to lose if it all turned sour. but its risky..

i think its unfair for a boss to say that. i know it'd be difficult if he really likes you but his your boss. his put you in an uncomfortable position. so unless he really really likes you and isnt trying to get in your pants is fair but its just damn mean if he was trying to get in your pants. is it a job just over the summer or a permanent one? if its over the summer just tell him that you can talk it over with him when the contract ends. if its permanent really think about what you want. dont worry about hurting him, i know it sounds harsh but thats something that he would have to deal with and no one should feel obliged to go out with someone because they fear hurting them. so think about what you want and give him an answer. if you decide to go ahead with it, talk to him about what your worried about. ask him what happens if it doesnt work out. it will get complicated but if you really like him. the only person who can make a decision about the age difference is you. you have to think is he worth going out with even though his that much older than you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SillyFencer)
    Why? Is it relevant?
    Just interested :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Play your cards wright an you will be able to climb the career ladder

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Me and my boss have always got on extremely well, but yesterday he admitted that he really fancied me. He told me that whenever he touches me, he goes weak and that he can't stop thinking about me. I was shocked, but I didn't know what to say. I told him that I liked him too but not in the same way, and he told me not to worry and that he was probably just being silly, but I know that he was really hurt. Afterwards I was thinking about it and now I don't know what to do, I really, really do like him, and sometimes he makes me feel the same way as I make him. I spent the whole night worrying about it, as I'm so scared that I may now have ruined our relationship. He's much older than me, and I know that nothing should ever happen between us, and I needed to tell him that I didn't feel the same way, but now I'm more confused than ever because I think I do. I really don't want to hurt him, as he is such a wonderful man, but I'm scared that the damage may have already been done.
    Please offer me some advice on what to do next, as I am so confused.

Thank you.
    Be nice to him, don't tease and get a payrise or at least a good reference

ReputationRep:
    I do fancy ya and it'll be a +15% pay rise :hubba:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 29, 2008
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.