The best Bristol University accommodation 2019/20 Watch

J_will1234
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I’m looking to go to Bristol University in 2020, but I can’t really decide on the accommodation. I am edging more towards Stoke Bishop accommodation, as I’ve heard this is more sociable and I reckon I would like to spend my first year here. Any advice? Any further advice on the halls here? I’ve read a bit, but I’m just wondering of the most current advice. Thanks
Leviathan1611
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
New Bridewell

Stoke bishop is apparently in the middle of nowhere and the residents are always partying. I wouldn't recommend it.

avoid Clifton hill House at all costs!
User61966
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
My son started at Bristol this year and is in Stoke Bishop. It is very social, out most nights so far. The bus journey is a bit more of a pain than he thought, but he’s in Churchill so a bit away from the bus stop. Interestingly he hasn’t really spent much time with anybody from the Clifton or City Centre Halls (a lot with other Stoke Bishop Halls), so he doesn’t really have much of a view about them. Main criteria is if you want to go catered or self catered. If self catered he thinks Hiatt Baker is good and was recently redone. He likes Churchill and has made lots of friends, enjoys the evening dinners (not so much the food, but the social aspects) etc. but says it’s out of the way so nobody else ever goes there.
CC!
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 days ago
Following as I'm also starting Bristol in September!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (15)
7.98%
They've been reasonable (77)
40.96%
Not feeling great... (49)
26.06%
They are TERRIBLE! (47)
25%

Watched Threads