LVSDH
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi, I am doing maths further maths economics and physics. So how my school are doing is that I do my entire maths a level in one year and the further maths in the second year which is is obviously difficult. And I need to get the A* so do you lot think it Woudl be worth getting a tutor. It’s not like I am struggling too much it’s just I need to secure the A*
999tigger
Badges: 19
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by LVSDH)
Hi, I am doing maths further maths economics and physics. So how my school are doing is that I do my entire maths a level in one year and the further maths in the second year which is is obviously difficult. And I need to get the A* so do you lot think it Woudl be worth getting a tutor. It’s not like I am struggling too much it’s just I need to secure the A*
If you can afford it then more teaching support by a competent tutor will always be helpful.
have you checked if there are cheaper online ways or extra books you can buy for practice?
If you cant afford it then just work harder and smarter.
You can also try out the tutor, then quit if its not helping.
LVSDH
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
If you can afford it then more teaching support by a competent tutor will always be helpful.
have you checked if there are cheaper online ways or extra books you can buy for practice?
If you cant afford it then just work harder and smarter.
You can also try out the tutor, then quit if its not helping.
I’ve got all books possible. It’s just again because of doing the a level in a year is so difficult the pace we go gets to me and it’s just a bit overwhelming
999tigger
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by LVSDH)
I’ve got all books possible. It’s just again because of doing the a level in a year is so difficult the pace we go gets to me and it’s just a bit overwhelming
You can either afford one or you cant. I would use uplearn. I would be well organised.
LVSDH
Rep:
?
(Original post by 999tigger)
You can either afford one or you cant. I would use uplearn. I would be well organised.
But up learn is ridiculously expensive
999tigger
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by LVSDH)
Apologies for giving you a ridiculous suggestion. I did say if you can afford it and I assumed you had money as you are talking about a tutor. You must have special rates where you live. Enjoy your maths. I dont think I can help you.
UpLearnChris
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by LVSDH)
Hey LVSDH - sorry to hear that we appear expensive. Given that you're considering a tutor, why do you think Up Learn is expensive? Many of our students think we're actually good value at £249 for a course.

If you think about it, a tutor could cost you well over £1-2k. A private school costs between £10k and £30k+ a year. Even textbooks can cost £30/book.

Think of it as putting money into a savings account - £249 now to get the A* could see you earning £1-10k+ more in your first year out of uni, so you'll get it back and then some

Disclaimer: I work for Up Learn. However, these views are my own and not those of Up Learn
LVSDH
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 week ago
(Original post by UpLearnChris)
Hey LVSDH - sorry to hear that we appear expensive. Given that you're considering a tutor, why do you think Up Learn is expensive? Many of our students think we're actually good value at £249 for a course.

If you think about it, a tutor could cost you well over £1-2k. A private school costs between £10k and £30k+ a year. Even textbooks can cost £30/book.

Think of it as putting money into a savings account - £249 now to get the A* could see you earning £1-10k+ more in your first year out of uni, so you'll get it back and then some

Disclaimer: I work for Up Learn. However, these views are my own and not those of Up Learn
That is true. I’ve got nothing to say to that hehe
UpLearnChris
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 22 hours ago
(Original post by LVSDH)
That is true. I’ve got nothing to say to that hehe
😂😂😂

I think it's mega interesting that you consider(ed) us expensive though. It would really help me if you could work out why actually
Last edited by UpLearnChris; 21 hours ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (181)
67.54%
No (87)
32.46%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise