Feels like my girlfriend is trying to make me jealous Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Whenever my girlfriend gets messages off other guys she tells me about them and how nice they are and how many jokes they just had etc. Cant tell if she’s trying to make me jealous.
Dunya
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
She's rude.
~Sara~
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
trashhhhhh
Anonymous #2
Report 2 months ago
She belongs to the streets
AsadBloke
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Better than her hiding her messeges from you.
Sounds like she's definitely not interested in these guys as she telling you about them every time she gets there messeges. Sounds like she has no interest in them.
~Sara~
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
she aint worth it, id leave her if i were you...

how would she feel if you were always telling her about how nice these girls you're joking with are? :curious:
misscrypto90
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Not a nice girl by the sounds of it. I’m guessing she’s young as that is a very juvenile thing to do. She needs to grow the **** up, tell her to do 1 n enjoy her jokes with all the nice guys, u deserve better.
OceaniaLight
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Nah, pass.
Give her maybe one more chance to fix herself, explain that her actions somewhat hurt you etc.
Disclaimer: these are only personal suggestions, not by any means better than your opinion.
Anonymous #3
Report 2 months ago
Well unfortunately us guys are prone to getting jelly over relationships and girls talking about other guys. You're better off showing that you're the better person and telling that, those guys are nice guys and fit in society or whatever. It's just a way of showing that you're supportive to her and when she's ready, she'll be around you a lot more in the future. Try not to be so negative about it because if you hit out or lash out at her, she's going to get scared and leave you and think you're silly, so really, really try not to hit out at her. Laugh it off.
Anonymous #4
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Well unfortunately us guys are prone to getting jelly over relationships and girls talking about other guys. You're better off showing that you're the better person and telling that, those guys are nice guys and fit in society or whatever. It's just a way of showing that you're supportive to her and when she's ready, she'll be around you a lot more in the future. Try not to be so negative about it because if you hit out or lash out at her, she's going to get scared and leave you and think you're silly, so really, really try not to hit out at her. Laugh it off.
I do not think it is reasonable or healthy to laugh it off. If this bothers him, he has the right to quit. Especially when it is based on loyalty and attitude. If he makes her think it is normal and cool, she may get worse over time.
Anonymous #3
Report 2 months ago
I do not think it is reasonable or healthy to laugh it off. If this bothers him, he has the right to quit. Especially when it is based on loyalty and attitude. If he makes her think it is normal and cool, she may get worse over time.
"I do not think it is reasonable or healthy to laugh it off", yeah okay but women would at some point sometimes feel they with the wrong guy and talk about how she's missing out going with the other guys, so she'll vent it out. I think the guy has to put up with that.

I don't think he has to quit seeing her or not vent how she feels with the other guys. She will vent and get bored of it, so I think the guy has to deal with it and sit and put up with it. Not saying females are like that, everyone's human and we have to put up with each other. Then the females come after us when we talk like that about women and they leave us? Doesn't seem right nor fair with the idea that it's a possibly to stay in a relationship?

Be playful, do whatever. PUT UP WITH IT!!! She's get bored of talking about it. That's what I think!
username5071070
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
She probably is trying to make you jealous, or maybe she just feels comfortable expressing how much she likes these guys because she feels she can say anything to you. That’s certainly how I’ve felt, it wasn’t intended to make my boyfriend jealous, I just talked about it because having a nice conversation and joked with guys made me happy so I talked about it with him
Anonymous #5
Report 2 months ago
Don't think that's a good sign tbh. I had the jealousy treatment from a girl I dated once. She would wind me up like crazy making me jealous of almost every guy in sight. Loads of guy friends, always chatting to them on FB. I introduced her to a mate and suddenly she was chatting to him constantly online including on one of our dates. That night we had an argument after I said her flirting with other guys did my head in and she accused me of being jealous. Yes I was jealous but it was like I couldn't control myself. Never spoke to her again after that. Lost that mate too but wasn't that bothered as he was a nob anyway. Don't think they went out though. Shame because she was an interesting person but an absolute nightmare to go out with.
ساره
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Yeah I think she is
Anonymous #4
Report 2 months ago
"I do not think it is reasonable or healthy to laugh it off", yeah okay but women would at some point sometimes feel they with the wrong guy and talk about how she's missing out going with the other guys, so she'll vent it out. I think the guy has to put up with that.

I don't think he has to quit seeing her or not vent how she feels with the other guys. She will vent and get bored of it, so I think the guy has to deal with it and sit and put up with it. Not saying females are like that, everyone's human and we have to put up with each other. Then the females come after us when we talk like that about women and they leave us? Doesn't seem right nor fair with the idea that it's a possibly to stay in a relationship?

Be playful, do whatever. PUT UP WITH IT!!! She's get bored of talking about it. That's what I think!
It is not a competition though! It is not business, this is a bonding situation, he is free to leave her if she does not "deserve" him.
It is not healthy to be playful with someone you pretend to feel happy with.
No girl or boy should feel competition in an intimate bond. Simple as that.

What possibility? she right out just started boasting about other guys she speaks to, intentionally stepping on his feelings. If it is her revenge, then fine, but he never mentioned doing the same to her.
Anonymous #3
Report 2 months ago
No girl or boy should feel competition in an intimate bond. Simple as that.

What possibility? she right out just started boasting about other guys she speaks to, intentionally stepping on his feelings. If it is her revenge, then fine, but he never mentioned doing the same to her.
Well just play with it then. You're correct, that no male or female should have competition like that but it's going to happen and people aren't going to deal with it. Why doesn't he not punish it, playfully? Not hit her but have fun what she says. Say stuff like "You want me to tie him up for you!" and her reaction would be "...". It shuts her right up, wishing she never said it in the first place.

Your suggestion is have him leave her! It makes us guys not look like men to send a message out that girlfriends who sleep around deserve their relationships to be ended because of that. It's not already about the sex.

I'm beginning to think the topic creator is one of these hagglers who wants solutions while he's in a relationship, telling me how to smooth talk a female, just to post around here. Every reason I don't like posting in these threads with possible solutions. Don't ask another questions like this ever again and best of luck to the topic creator in real life.
Anonymous #4
Report 2 months ago
Well just play with it then. You're correct, that no male or female should have competition like that but it's going to happen and people aren't going to deal with it. Why doesn't he not punish it, playfully? Not hit her but have fun what she says. Say stuff like "You want me to tie him up for you!" and her reaction would be "...". It shuts her right up, wishing she never said it in the first place.

Your suggestion is have him leave her! It makes us guys not look like men to send a message out that girlfriends who sleep around deserve their relationships to be ended because of that. It's not already about the sex.

I'm beginning to think the topic creator is one of these hagglers who wants solutions while he's in a relationship, telling me how to smooth talk a female, just to post around here. Every reason I don't like posting in these threads with possible solutions. Don't ask another questions like this ever again and best of luck to the topic creator in real life.
My advice was just for him to not waste his time with someone who does not have mutual values or empathy.
If he plays along, she would think he is "jealous" and that would secretly satisfy her if she is a terrible person. If he leaves, it will show her his worth.

Maybe the first or second time he could tell her calmly that feels hurt about it, but if she continues it, fluff it. Mate, let him ask for opinions, it's good for people to let things out sometimes. Yes, advice will not always be perfect or match his real life, but hey ho, at least he might get something out of it or "psychological support".
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (438)
67.49%
No (211)
32.51%

Watched Threads