Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Skoda Fabia vRS.

Ok its a 1.9 oil burner, but its quick....

ReputationRep:
    If you want to avoid high tax, then diesel. The Toyota Auris looks good on that ad, but you'd probably discount it once you'd driven a Focus or even an Astra/Golf etc if it's anything like the Corolla before it.

And if you're going for a Focus-sized hatch, don't get anything under 1.6 petrol, or it'll barely be faster than the Corsa you have now.

ReputationRep:
    I'm swaying towards the Focus atm, it needs to have fairly good fuel economy as well, I think I get about 50mpg in my corsa so don't really want to go below 40mpg, or is that unrealistic?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rian1988)
    I'm swaying towards the Focus atm, it needs to have fairly good fuel economy as well, I think I get about 50mpg in my corsa so don't really want to go below 40mpg, or is that unrealistic?
    If its Diesel, 50 is perfecrtly realistic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Minardi)
    Skoda Fabia vRS.

Ok its a 1.9 oil burner, but its quick....
    I was thinking that too... You'll get 55-60mpg on a run, and its only group 9 insurance, which isn't bad considering how it goes

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex L)
    I was thinking that too... You'll get 55-60mpg on a run, and its only group 9 insurance, which isn't bad considering how it goes
    Hmm I'm considering a Ford Focus Zetec 1.6 such as this one http://www.macraeanddick.co.uk/kcom/...5&magic=173060

ReputationRep:
    Hmm I'm considering a Ford Focus Zetec 1.6 such as this one http://www.macraeanddick.co.uk/kcom/...5&magic=173060
    Focus's are nice cars to drive, and pretty bloody spacious too, although bear in mind that its a petrol so you won't be getting as many mpg as you would with a diesel. What insurance group would that one be? It might be worth getting some quotes on some of the suggestions on here and comparing them.

ReputationRep:
    Focus's are nice cars to drive, and pretty bloody spacious too, although bear in mind that its a petrol so you won't be getting as many mpg as you would with a diesel. What insurance group would that one be? It might be worth getting some quotes on some of the suggestions on here and comparing them.
    Got some quotes on the insurance not too bad, any idea what these do mpg?

ReputationRep:
    if you can afford it, 'why not'

ReputationRep:
    Oh it goes - I've driven one . Keep threatening to buy one. Never get around to it.

ReputationRep:
    Got some quotes on the insurance not too bad, any idea what these do mpg?
    According to a quick google the petrol 1.6 does about 40 to the gallon. The TDCi 1.6 does 58.

ReputationRep:
    Oh it goes - I've driven one . Keep threatening to buy one. Never get around to it.
    I know, I've had a quick (in both senses of the word) drive in one and it was awesome . I plan on getting one when I graduate and start working, hopefully one of the special editions with the leather seats and blue stitching :coma:

ReputationRep:
    According to a quick google the petrol 1.6 does about 40 to the gallon. The TDCi 1.6 does 58.
    The 1.6 TDCi is a pretty nice engine actually, very smooth, and IIRC they squeeze about 110bhp out of it too

ReputationRep:
    The 1.6 TDCi is a pretty nice engine actually, very smooth, and IIRC they squeeze about 110bhp out of it too
    Bang on the money. 109PS.

ReputationRep:
    Bang on the money. 109PS.
    Can't really see any though?

ReputationRep:
    Oh and what do you think is better a Ford Focus or Vauxhall Astra?

ReputationRep:
    Oh and what do you think is better a Ford Focus or Vauxhall Astra?
    Personally between the two I'd choose Focus, but tis up to you really

ReputationRep:
    Personally between the two I'd choose Focus, but tis up to you really
    Yeh I think so too, it's so much hassle changing cars, I need to sell mine etc sort out insurance etc

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by pumpkin7)
    i love rovers.
    mmmmm P6. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Found the perfect focus went to see it, but it was sold Saw a mazda 3 top spec for the same price what do you think?

Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.