softren
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
hey i take biology, psychology and english literature for my alevels and i am looking for some advice for improving my grades in english and biology as a the moment i am mainly working at a C level for english and C/D in biology , and i need at least a B for both in summer

I am struggling mainly with revising for biology , do any other biology students have tips? i currently do notes then past papers but i struggle with understanding the wording of the exam questions or knowing where to actually apply my knowledge i think

i do aqa for biology if that helps

open to any suggestions tysm!!
nicole3315nicole
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
For biology, make flashcards to learn the content. Then do a load of past papers to get used to the questions that typically come up
OliveTreeXX
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 months ago
Try watching some YouTube videos on the topics that your struggling with. Crash course is a great channel but depends on your style on learning tbf.

Struggling to understand the questions
- Look at the amount of marks you gain from the questions- this will shine on ow much content you'd need to put into the question
- highlight the key points and terminology of the question- it'll help you to be more concise and form a layout.
- If your really struggling take a peak at the answers and create an how to answer layout- leave the question for abit and come back to it once you've forgotten (helps to quiz your knowledge).

I'm a non-Biology student but I hope that helped!!
softren
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 months ago
(Original post by OliveTreeXX)
Try watching some YouTube videos on the topics that your struggling with. Crash course is a great channel but depends on your style on learning tbf.

Struggling to understand the questions
- Look at the amount of marks you gain from the questions- this will shine on ow much content you'd need to put into the question
- highlight the key points and terminology of the question- it'll help you to be more concise and form a layout.
- If your really struggling take a peak at the answers and create an how to answer layout- leave the question for abit and come back to it once you've forgotten (helps to quiz your knowledge).

I'm a non-Biology student but I hope that helped!!
this is helpful thank you !!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (706)
33.93%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (889)
42.72%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (393)
18.89%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.47%

Watched Threads