Should I contact the two retail giants Watch

Pro Gamer 2003
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
I have had two interviews in the past 3 weeks both at boots and Tesco.

I had my interview at boots last Saturday and they told me I would find out midweek and it’s past that and I gave the benefit of the doubt due to high applications of interviews. So should I contact them.

I had an interview at Tesco on 12th November and I would have known if I was successful or unsuccessful in my interview by Friday 15th. I also gave them the benefit of the doubt for a week as that Tesco was being refurbished and on the news I saw that it’ll open next Friday and the interviewer said they have been having interviews for the past 5 weeks. Should I contact them as well.
Jack22031994
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Pro Gamer 2003)

I had my interview at boots last Saturday and they told me I would find out midweek and it’s past that and I gave the benefit of the doubt due to high applications of interviews. So should I contact them.

I had an interview at Tesco on 12th November and I would have known if I was successful or unsuccessful in my interview by Friday 15th. I also gave them the benefit of the doubt for a week as that Tesco was being refurbished and on the news I saw that it’ll open next Friday and the interviewer said they have been having interviews for the past 5 weeks. Should I contact them as well.
Yes - he who shouts the loudest
carrotstar
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Definitely make contact with both! No matter how big a company they are, they should be telling you if you have been unsuccessful. It would also be a great opportunity to get some feedback if you can.
Pro Gamer 2003
Rep:
?
(Original post by carrotstar)
Definitely make contact with both! No matter how big a company they are, they should be telling you if you have been unsuccessful. It would also be a great opportunity to get some feedback if you can.
Right thank you I will be contacting ninth at noon can you give me an example to what to say to them.
Pro Gamer 2003
Rep:
?
I’ve contacted both places.

Boots - No one picked up I did this twice and I’ll call them up during the evening.
Tesco - The automated message says to contact through email to the Tesco Resourcing Team. I’ve done this way before I emailed them 3 times and said they would get back within 2 working days but it’s been 21 DAYS and I sent an email with a different account yesterday I’ll see what happens.

What should I do now?
Pro Gamer 2003
Rep:
?
weeemma Tracey1995
MrMusician95
Badges: 19
Report 1 month ago
Try and find out the work emails of the people who interviewed you, it's usually quite easy if you know there name. Interviewers like it when a candidate reaches out to than them for their time etc. Though, it's been three weeks so it might be a little late.
weeemma
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
weeemma Tracey1995
Hi
You'll will have to let the phone ring for a while ( even if you must do it quite few times ) as they won't pick up the phone straight away due to being busy working away doing things, the manager do work with the staff on shop floor, eventually they will have to pick up the phone and them ask to speak to the manager ok, nothing else you can do except keep trying to get hold of the manager and explain the situation and see what they have to tell you ok.
Tracey1995
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

Boots - No one picked up I did this twice and I’ll call them up during the evening.
Tesco - The automated message says to contact through email to the Tesco Resourcing Team. I’ve done this way before I emailed them 3 times and said they would get back within 2 working days but it’s been 21 DAYS and I sent an email with a different account yesterday I’ll see what happens.

What should I do now?
Contact the tesco recruiting manager and ask for a update on things, you said its a store that was being refurbished and therefore if this wasn't to open on time then its will lead to a knock on affect with starting staff for training etc.

You can also try and contact the manager for the store you applied for at tesco and ask them for a update on the situation as you wish to know what's happenening okay.

Its the samething with anywhere else you been applying for jobs with - give them time but as its 21 days since you did the interview at tesco them defo get in touch and seek information on things
Pro Gamer 2003
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tracey1995)
Contact the tesco recruiting manager and ask for a update on things, you said its a store that was being refurbished and therefore if this wasn't to open on time then its will lead to a knock on affect with starting staff for training etc.

You can also try and contact the manager for the store you applied for at tesco and ask them for a update on the situation as you wish to know what's happenening okay.

Its the samething with anywhere else you been applying for jobs with - give them time but as its 21 days since you did the interview at tesco them defo get in touch and seek information on things
What’s the recruiting managers phone or number I don’t know what it is.
Pro Gamer 2003
Rep:
?

Or should I contact the number that told me I have an interview.
Pro Gamer 2003
Rep:
?
(Original post by weeemma)
Hi
You'll will have to let the phone ring for a while ( even if you must do it quite few times ) as they won't pick up the phone straight away due to being busy working away doing things, the manager do work with the staff on shop floor, eventually they will have to pick up the phone and them ask to speak to the manager ok, nothing else you can do except keep trying to get hold of the manager and explain the situation and see what they have to tell you ok.
I’ve called them 6 times above half an hour and still nothing should I go in store or just wait??
Bang Outta Order
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago

What should I do now?
M***********s don't listen to me on here!

I always say...DONT CALL. You are WASTING

YOUR

TIME. I know what I'm talking about. The managers don't give a piss to contact you if you're not accepted. Ignoring is unprofessional and disturbing and just plain wrong and all but it's HOW they do if they have enough applicants. They arrogantly havent got time to contact rejects. Take the hint..
Look at the time of year...theyve long filled those roles. If you're that desperate..your best bet is to reapply to another branch (they'll auto reject you if you apply to the same one because now you're annoying them). Mean time you've missed out on dozens of jobs waiting for them....Why..?

Very rarely will time this classic interview saying:

"you'll find out by such and such time" mean you got the job. They're too scared truth be told to reject you to your face. They don't wanna deal with guilt or reactions or discrimination claims. I'm used to being hired on the spot by retail giants and not. That's what they do especially during holidays. Trust me you'll know if you're accepted. If you do manage to get thru to someone...theyre not gonna fish thru the pile of 1000s of applicants. They're just gonna say no you didn't get accepted. I mean to avoid the degrading feeling of being run around and hung up and waiting..then don't bother calling.

Reapply. I'm very serious about this because I know what it's like. I hear managers say all the time how much they despise the interview and new hire process. They toss the duty around each other like a hot potato. They don't even wanna deal with people they accepted..let alone inquiries from applicants and candidates..
Pro Gamer 2003
Rep:
?
(Original post by Bang Outta Order)
M***********s don't listen to me on here!

I always say...DONT CALL. You are WASTING

YOUR

TIME. I know what I'm talking about. The managers don't give a piss to contact you if you're not accepted. Ignoring is unprofessional and disturbing and just plain wrong and all but it's HOW they do if they have enough applicants. They arrogantly havent got time to contact rejects. Take the hint..
Look at the time of year...theyve long filled those roles. If you're that desperate..your best bet is to reapply to another branch (they'll auto reject you if you apply to the same one because now you're annoying them). Mean time you've missed out on dozens of jobs waiting for them....Why..?

Very rarely will time this classic interview saying:

"you'll find out by such and such time" mean you got the job. They're too scared truth be told to reject you to your face. They don't wanna deal with guilt or reactions or discrimination claims. I'm used to being hired on the spot by retail giants and not. That's what they do especially during holidays. Trust me you'll know if you're accepted. If you do manage to get thru to someone...theyre not gonna fish thru the pile of 1000s of applicants. They're just gonna say no you didn't get accepted. I mean to avoid the degrading feeling of being run around and hung up and waiting..then don't bother calling.

Reapply. I'm very serious about this because I know what it's like. I hear managers say all the time how much they despise the interview and new hire process. They toss the duty around each other like a hot potato. They don't even wanna deal with people they accepted..let alone inquiries from applicants and candidates..
Your right I agree I wasted my time
Tracey1995
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Or should I contact the number that told me I have an interview.
Most stores have a recruiting officer who deals with the jobs vacancies and if the store you applied for don't have a recruiting officer then contact them on the number you got or email you have and ask them what's happenening ok, but remember you said it was a store being refurbished so it may be they held back until they know for sure that it's opening on the date they were told it would be .
Pro Gamer 2003
Rep:
?
Most stores have a recruiting officer who deals with the jobs vacancies and if the store you applied for don't have a recruiting officer then contact them on the number you got or email you have and ask them what's happenening ok, but remember you said it was a store being refurbished so it may be they held back until they know for sure that it's opening on the date they were told it would be .
I don't think they have a recruiting officer I'll call up the number that gave me the interview tomorrow and see whats up.
Tracey1995
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I don't think they have a recruiting officer I'll call up the number that gave me the interview tomorrow and see whats up.
Okay and hope you get a answer from them ok
Pro Gamer 2003
Rep:
?
Okay and hope you get a answer from them ok
I sent a text message through SMS by the person who told me I have an interview as they might not pick up the phone and might find it through a message.
Tracey1995
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I sent a text message through SMS by the person who told me I have an interview as they might not pick up the phone and might find it through a message.
Okay

I will find it strange if they don't answer the phone like !!

Hope you get a satisfactory answer ok.
Pro Gamer 2003
Rep:
?
Thank you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (67)
27.57%
1 (40)
16.46%
2 (40)
16.46%
3 (34)
13.99%
4 (16)
6.58%
5 (20)
8.23%
6 (6)
2.47%
7+ (20)
8.23%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise