MrTaco
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
This is a thread for all those who have received their offers in the 2019/2020 application cycle, although those on gap years are also more than welcome to join.

Feel free to discuss anything relating to your offer, like meeting conditions, filling fee status questionnaires, applying for accommodation, etc. Also, feel free to discuss random things that might not be directly related, since the purpose of this thread is also for prospective students to get to know each other

Current UCL students are welcome to share their experiences and thoughts on the uni and courses.

Would be great if you would briefly introduce yourself first, ie, course, year of entry, why UCL, Firm/Insurance choices.
MrTaco
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by MrTaco)
This is a thread for all those who have received their offers in the 2019/2020 application cycle, although those on gap years are also more than welcome to join.

Feel free to discuss anything relating to your offer, like meeting conditions, filling fee status questionnaires, applying for accommodation, etc. Also, feel free to discuss random things that might not be directly related, since the purpose of this thread is also for prospective students to get to know each other

Current UCL students are welcome to share their experiences and thoughts on the uni and courses.

Would be great if you would briefly introduce yourself first, ie, course, year of entry, why UCL, Firm/Insurance choices.
So I'll start I guess. I have received an offer for MEng Chemical Engineering at UCL and will most likely be putting this down as my firm choice.
Producingit01
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hello everyone!
I received an offer for IMB at UCL a few weeks ago. Ready to meet other students who consider UCL as their firm choice!
caitlin_y
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi! I'm an offer holder for the ISPS (international social and political studies) course at UCL! Really like the structure of this course but not sure about firming it just yet
sim08
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I’m getting a bit tensed cuz I still haven’t heard back from UCL
missingh1
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I haven't yet heard back for Law, I just got a "we've received your application" email again last night which was weird since I applied early october- getting quite nervous
everydaygrind
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I got a "we've received your application" email last night and now my Portico says "currently being processed". How long does it usually take before hearing back from that stage?
zaynahzkhan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by caitlin_y)
Hi! I'm an offer holder for the ISPS (international social and political studies) course at UCL! Really like the structure of this course but not sure about firming it just yet
Hi Caitilin, have you already had your assessment day/taken the TSA?
MrTaco
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by missingh1)
I haven't yet heard back for Law, I just got a "we've received your application" email again last night which was weird since I applied early october- getting quite nervous
Remember all Unis close down for Christmas so not hearing anything at the moment isn't too much of a concern. Also many of my friends also just received that email as well saying that their application has just been received despite having applied in early October . Remember tho that No news Is Good News as you havn't been rejected (and they could have done that already) so just remain hopeful and patient I guess .
MrTaco
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by everydaygrind)
I got a "we've received your application" email last night and now my Portico says "currently being processed". How long does it usually take before hearing back from that stage?
I heard back in 15 days but thats not to say that everyones will be the same. To be honest, I think I was lucky to hear back so soon.
caitlin_y
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by zaynahzkhan)
Hi Caitilin, have you already had your assessment day/taken the TSA?
I live outside the EU so wrote an essay instead of the TSA
lanadawsey
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
hey! i also applied but have received no news. may i ask what your gcse/ alevels are? and have you taken the tsa?
dumbdum
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I was just about to ask that, what grades do you have ? and is any one getting contextual ??
lanadawsey
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by dumbdum)
I was just about to ask that, what grades do you have ? and is any one getting contextual ??
have you applied as well?
dumbdum
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lanadawsey)
have you applied as well?
yh I'm applying to defer with AAB and im eligible for the contextual offer, but im not sure how that works and I'm planing to re-apply next year, wbu ??
hungrywhale21
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Applied for French and German and got an offer for AAB on the 4th of November. Most likely putting it down as my firm choice
Muhammad Razak
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Didn't apply but got an offer, no joke. I'm really baffled I got an email saying I got in.
caitlin_y
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by lanadawsey)
hey! i also applied but have received no news. may i ask what your gcse/ alevels are? and have you taken the tsa?
Hi! Don't worry im sure you will receive an update at some point soon as for my grades I have 10A*s at igcse and 4As at AS (predicted 4A*s+epq A), I live outside the EU so wrote an essay instead of the TSA
3pointonefour
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Anyone going to a maths offer holder day on the 15th Jan?
zaynahzkhan
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I live outside the EU so wrote an essay instead of the TSA
Aahhh I understand Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (43)
24.29%
No, but I have thought about it (48)
27.12%
No (86)
48.59%

Watched Threads