Do I look fat? Be honest Watch

username1075708
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey! One of my friends said I've gained a lot of weight.

Do I look fat? Please be honest!
Attached files
DB0009
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You don't look anything from the norm. I don't think you need to worry about it mate.
username1075708
Rep:
?
Thanks!
Med3
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No, you're not fat
talalq8i
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
In full honesty, you look around the upper end of normal weight, edging into slightly overweight at the max (pic doesnt really tell a full story so I can't be sure), but absolutely nowhere near obesity of any kind. I wouldn't say you're fat, but I wouldn't say you're skinny either, just upper end of normal.
Last edited by talalq8i; 1 month ago
MidgetFever
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Nah you're not fat, looks pretty average to me tbh.
Modernist
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
A little bit chubbier than normal, but average. I'm not sure the person who told you this is a "friend", however. Definitely not fat however.
Last edited by Modernist; 1 month ago
username2950448
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Chubby. More weight then the normal.
Average male in the UK weighs around 84kg, I'd say OP probably weighs around that.
Anonymous #1
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Palmyra)
Average male in the UK weighs around 84kg, I'd say OP probably weighs around that.
Well the UK is slightly obese so the for the standard normal tho, he does look quite chubby.

OP Take care of ur health while u can. It’s hard to lose weight.
Kitten in boots
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
You look like you’d really benefit from some physical exercise.
YaliaV
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Chubby. More weight then the normal.
That’s not what anonymous is for.

You look fine OP.
Vinny C
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
No... but you are developing what they call love handles, sorry. Solution... run until you drop... then run some more!
Last edited by Vinny C; 1 month ago
gjd800
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Kitten in boots)
You look like you’d really benefit from some physical exercise.
aye

this is why i walk to the pub and the cake shop
username1075708
Rep:
?
(Original post by Palmyra)
I'm 5'8" and 12 stone 6lbs (79kg).
Reality Check
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by 2scotty)
I'm 5'8" and 12 stone 6lbs (79kg).
A bit overweight, yes - but nothing that a bit of dieting and exercise wouldn't solve. You're certainly not 'problem fat'. Your BMI is 26, so it's just into the 'overweight category'.

You could probably do with losing 5-10kg gradually over a year or so. A combination of modest calorie restriction and increased exercise would see you easily lose this weight.
username1075708
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
A bit overweight, yes - but nothing that a bit of dieting and exercise wouldn't solve. You're certainly not 'problem fat'. Your BMI is 26, so it's just into the 'overweight category'.

You could probably do with losing 5-10kg gradually over a year or so. A combination of modest calorie restriction and increased exercise would see you easily lose this weight.
Thank you!

I do go to the gym, and I cycle a lot. I think I just like food a bit too much... haha
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Thank you!

I do go to the gym, and I cycle a lot. I think I just like food a bit too much... haha
:laugh: don't we all!

I'd just try to lose a little bit of weight in 2020, and certainly look to not gain any more. It's certainly far from being a problem but you'd probably feel a bit better for losing a bit. See how it goes!
username1075708
Rep:
?
(Original post by Reality Check)
:laugh: don't we all!

I'd just try to lose a little bit of weight in 2020, and certainly look to not gain any more. It's certainly far from being a problem but you'd probably feel a bit better for losing a bit. See how it goes!
I think if I lost around a stone (14lbs), It would be good.

I do look a bit fat at this angle I guess... It's never really bothered me until the friend commented.
Attached files
chazwomaq
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Yup, a but overweight.
Reality Check
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
I think if I lost around a stone (14lbs), It would be good.

I do look a bit fat at this angle I guess... It's never really bothered me until the friend commented.
Yes, a stone is about 6.4kg, which is within the 5-10kg I suggested earlier. If you lost that, you'd be 72.6kg which would be in the 'healthy range' - so very achievable and sensible.

As for that second photo - I'd say that's definitely 'overweight' rather than 'fat'. I wouldn't take it too much to heart because it's not like you're wobbling around all over the place - and you know what mates are like

I think you're making a good choice for your health to recognize you're a bit fatter than you'd like to be and are going to take steps now before it gets more of a problem. Good luck with it.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are your mock exams going?

Love them - Feeling positive (10)
7.58%
They've been reasonable (50)
37.88%
Not feeling great... (37)
28.03%
They are TERRIBLE! (35)
26.52%

Watched Threads