Need help choosing : Electronics, Law, Ancient history, Electronics Alevel

Watch
ShimbleBobble
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
Hello,
As I'm choosing subjects for my college application form, I wanted to know more about the subject of electronics. What do you do? is it practical based? What if you've never had experience in electronics? does it help with engineering? instead of this should I do a core subject like history, law or economics? I'm thinking of applying to Oxbridge or MIT for uni so I want the best possible subject choices. I do excel at anything I try which involves articulating arguments or problem-solving, I've learnt the hard way creative subjects are not my thing (a 4 in photography and 7 in music for my mock predictions). Therefore I don't want to do something that is related to creativity and get a really bad set of grades. I've already decided I'm doing maths and physics as that is needed for engineering but my future plan is to start a business within engineering. Therefore I want the best possible start to fulfil my goals. I thought perhaps I should do law in case I change my mind and so have options still available and I can also have fun but I'm not clear as to what the subject involves also. I thought economics would be good as if I want to start a business, then I need as much information as I can get as I'm not a business-minded person. And finally I thought ancient history might be cool, as I really enjoy history and its a core subject I really need help, can someone help me with my conundrum.
TSR Jessica
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
Sorry you've not had any responses about this. Are you sure you've posted in the right place? Here's a link to our subject forum which should help get you more responses if you post there.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (34)
29.31%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (11)
9.48%
No I am happy with my choice (63)
54.31%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (8)
6.9%

Watched Threads